Students who plan to complete teacher education requirements for licensure must be formally admitted to the Educator Preparation Program. Admission to the program is required for students to enroll in EDU 300-level courses or above. It is strongly advised that students work closely with the IPED advisor, Mary Jo Gdovin (email@example.com), prior to the application deadline and follow the instructions for the admission application closely.
The following are the minimum requirements for the program and must be met to complete the application process for admission to the Educator Preparation Program.
Admission to UW-Parkside
Documented Completion of University Skills Requirements
(English 101 and Math 102/111 required; C or better in these classes required)
2.75 cumulative GPA, including all higher education coursework; requires official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Teacher candidates must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all required EDU courses after admittance.
Communication Skills Requirement
- Praxis CORE | Passing scores in reading (156), writing (162), and math (150). When registering for the test, indicate UW-Parkside as a score recipient (1860).
- ACT | Composite score of 23 with minimum score of 20 on English, Math, and Reading, and the score is within the previous 10 years.
- SAT | Minimum score of 510 on Critical Reading, 480 on Writing, and 520 on Math AND the score is within the previous 10 years.
- GRE Revised General Test | Minimum score of 450 on Verbal Reasoning, 3 on Analytical Writing, and 540 on Quantitative Reasoning (prior to August 1, 2011) or a minimum score of 150 on Verbal Reasoning, 3 on Analytical Writing, and 145 on Quantitative Reasoning (after August 1, 2011) AND the score is within the previous 10 years.
- Alternative Option | Grade of C+ or better in both ENGL 101 and MATH 102 or MATH 111 AND the grades are within the previous 10 years
Program Specific Requirements
SECONDARY ED APPLICANTS
Successful completion (grade of C+ or better) or current enrollment in EDU 100, EDU 200, and EDU 211 at the time of application.
SPECIAL ED APPLICANTS
Successful completion (grade of C+ or better) or currently enrollment in EDU 100, EDU 101, EDU 200, EDU 210, EDU 211, and EDU 212 at the time of application.
ELEMENTARY ED APPLICANTS
Successful completion (grade of C+ or better) or current enrollment in EDU 100, EDU 200, EDU 210, EDU 211, and EDU 212 at the time of application.
EARLY CHILDHOOD ED APPLICANTS
Successful completion of all A.A.S. degree requirements in early childhood from WTC and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 in all courses, a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in early childhood courses, and at least a 2.75 in each early childhood course. Successful completion (grade of C+ or better) or current enrollment in EDU 212 at time of application.
Completed Educator Preparation Application
For admission to the Eduator Preparation Program. (Download fillable form from the link to the right.)
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ADMISSION
For Spring semester admission: November 15
For Fall semester admission: April 15
Completed Education Program Disclosure Form
Must be submitted along with Educator Preparation Program Application. (Download fillable form from the link to the right.)
Application for candidates entering Residency ONLY. (Download fillable form from the link to the right.)
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR RESIDENCY
For Spring Residency: November 15
For Fall Residency: April 15
NOTE A student's application for admission to the program is considered by the program when the requirements listed above are complete. A student's qualifications for continuance in the Educator Preparation Program is subject to review and change by the Educator Preparation Leadership Team at any time while the student is enrolled. Students should check with their advisor for any additional program specific requirements as they can change without notice due to statute and law change.