The term global village and many other concepts like it have been tossed around since the mid-20th century. In recent years, communication between nations, cultures, and communities have increased exponentially. We are connected to each other in more ways and more often than ever before - and there is still so much to learn.
- Serve as a focal point for international education activities at Parkside.
- Provide interdisciplinary academic programs to all students on campus
- Support and foster internationalization on campus.
- Provide an environment conducive to intercultural learning & exchange of ideas.
- Foster opportunities to develop a global perspective fundamental to full participation in the world.
- Encourage scholarly activities in response to local, national and global communities.
Studying abroad, working abroad, or doing an internship abroad is an excellent complement to the major, minor, or certificate programs and can be a rewarding and life-changing experience for any student.
The Organization of American States (OAS) is the oldest regional society of nations in the world. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside's Model OAS simulates the meeting of the General Assembly.
INTERNATIONAL STUDIES STEERING COMMITTEE
Xun (George) Wang
Zhemin (Jamie) Wang
Internation Student Services | Study Abroad
Sociology | Anthropology
Lorene Bakkila | 262-595-2334 | email@example.com