Before you graduate

If you have applied for Federal loans at UW-Parkside please complete the following:

Check SOLAR awards

Go to the "Accept/Decline Financial Aid" screen for each year of attendance at UW-Parkside. Record loan amounts for all Federal loans for each school year (i.e. Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Perkins). Compare these with your loan totals listed on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).

Go to NSLDS*

Log on to NSLDS ( Do the loan amounts accepted at UW-Parkside match those on NSLDS? If not, contact your loan servicer by clicking to the left of each loan. Perkins loan questions are handled by the UW-Parkside Cashier's Office. Private education loan are not listed on NSLDS- contact your loan lender.

Confirm contact information

Make sure your loan servicer has your current address, email, and phone number. This will ensure important loan information gets to you in a timely fashion.

Complete Loan Exit Counseling

Go to to complete your Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan exit counseling. Exit counseling provides you with valuable information regarding your responsibilities as a loan borrower, as well as payment options and more. Sign in to Click on "Complete Counseling" and select "Exit Counseling".

Scroll to top
Who Are You?