Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible for federal financial aid, you must:

  • Submit an annual FAFSA.

  • Have a high school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or complete your high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.

  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student. You may not receive financial aid if enrolled as a "special" student or non-degree seeking student.

  • Be enrolled at least half time for Federal Direct Loan eligibility. Other programs may also require half time status.

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.

  • Have a valid Social Security Number.

  • Be registered with Selective Service (male students only).

  • Meet University Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.

  • Receive financial aid from only one academic institution for the same award period.

  • Have not defaulted on a federal student loan or owe a refund of Title IV aid.

  • Agree to use your student aid only for educational purposes. 

Any intentionally false statements or misrepresentations you make (written or verbal) in any phase of the financial aid process may eliminate you from future consideration for assistance from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, and may subject you to a fine, imprisonment, or both.

Second Degree Students 

Students with a Prior UW-Parkside Degree
If you are returning to Parkside and already have a Bachelor's Degree from this institution, you are generally not eligible for financial aid. Exceptions can include those admitted into a Graduate program or students who are admitted into and pursuing another degree program (not major) at Parkside. If you are pursuing teacher certification, you may also be eligible. Lifetime limits of individual programs and overall length of study should be areas of concern for students considering returning. You should review Parkside's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy and contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

Students with Other Degrees 
If you have obtained an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's, or Master's Degree from another institution you may also be limited in your aid eligibility due to lifetime limits on aid eligibility and length of time required to complete the new degree. You will want to familiarize yourself with Parkside's Satisfactory Academic Progress policy and contact the Financial Aid Office for more information regarding your specific eligibility.
Scroll to top
Who Are You?