About the Student Center 2
- The Parkside Union was built in 1976 at a cost of $3.5 million, funded entirely by Student Fees.
- The Parkside Union was redecorated and refurbished in the spring of 1989.
- In 2004, the Segregated Fee Allocation Committee and Parkside Student Government approved $21 million in student fees to fund a renovation and expansion of the current facility.
- In 2006, the Segregated Fee Allocation committee approved an additional 1.1 million for the project.
- In January 2009, the Parkside Union officially reopened and was renamed the "Parkside Student Center." This new name describes what the building is all about - a great place to eat, relax, hang out - the center of Student Life.
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.” ― Thomas Merton, No Man is an Island. We celebrate our community of artists. Enjoy!
Small Print Exhibit (Alumni Room)
- Jamison C. Bell '06
- John Bergeron '98
- Rebecca Bigalke '01
- Lisa Bigalke '96
- Christopher Bray '02
- Andrew Brennan '06
- Joshua Brennan '04
- Doug DeVinny
- Bill Greider '84
- Kristina Niemi Johnson '94Glen Larson '82
- Mary Ann Logic '02
- Michael Nitsch '80
- Gabriela Pettit '87
- Judy Sebranek '96
- Margaret Suchland '92
- Jack Tatay '06
- Linda Wawiorka '02
- Gary Weidner '85
- Connie Wolfe '96
Throughout the Student Center
- Cat Brogan '03 (Grand staircase)
- Andrew Adamak '09 (Overlook lounge)
- Timothy Carls '92 (Admissions and Birch Room)
- Brenna Kempf (University Bookstore)
- Jana McLaughlin (Outside all meetings rooms)
- David Holmes, emeritus faculty (Large mural, top of grand staircase)