High School Special
High school students may also take college courses during fall and spring session as a high school special. It is a great opportunity to earn college credits, however, students and their families are responsible for the costs. High School students in the upper 25% of their class are likely to be admitted.
Apply online at apply.wisconsin.edu
- Create an account and select UW-Parkside
- Select Undergraduate Special as reason for applying
- Select Early College Credit Program (ECCP) as applying
- Complete the application and submit
Submit an Official High School transcript and ACT Score (ACT is optional), as well as, official AP scores if courses you are interested in require pre-requisite or placement tests that you may have already met the requirement for.
You must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA, or a 23 ACT to participate in this program.
Turn in all paperwork by the deadlines below:
- ECCP Participation Form: Your participation form is due to your high school no later than February 1 for Summer enrollment, March 1 for Fall enrollment or October 1 for Spring enrollment. You must complete this form and a UW-Parkside online application every semester you plan to participate in the program.
- Parkside Application Deadline: Your online application to Parkside is due no later than April 15 for Summer enrollment, June 1 for Fall enrollment or December 1 for Spring enrollment.
Orientation and Placement testing
After admission, you must attend a mandatory Early College Credit Program Orientation and Registration session.
- Sign up for orientation.
**There will be only one orientation session - you will register for classes at this session
- If you are approved by your district to take a credit bearing Math, English or Foreign Language, OR are approved to take a course that has a Math, English, or Foreign Language pre-requisite, you must take a Placement Test. Please visit our Placement Testing webpage and choose "Incoming Student: Early College Credit".
**There will be only one placement testing session
Early College Credit Program is available for fall and spring semester only.
Student Status Examiner/Early College Credit Program Coordinator