06/23/2024: Warning: Tornado Warning has been issued until 10PM 06/22/24. MORE...

High school students may also take college courses during fall and spring session as a high school special. It is a great opportunity to earn college credits, however, students and their families are responsible for the costs. High School students in the upper 25% of their class are likely to be admitted.

step 1

Complete the UW System Participation Form and submit to your school counselor for approval.

Classes are not guaranteed.

step 2

Apply online at apply.wisconsin.edu

  • Create an account and select UW-Parkside
  • Select no for degree seeking
  • Select High School Special as reason for applying
  • Complete the application and submit
step 3

Submit an Official High School transcript and ACT Score (ACT is optional), as well as, official AP scores if courses you are interested in require pre-requisite or placement tests that you may have already met the requirement for.

You must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA to participate in this program. 

step 4

Turn in all paperwork by the deadlines below:

  • Participation Form: You must complete this form and a UW-Parkside online application prior to every semester you plan to participate in the program. 
  • Parkside Application Deadline:  Your online application to Parkside is due no later than the start of class.  
step 5

Placement testing
If you are approved by your district to take a credit bearing math, English or foreign language, OR are approved to take a course that has a math, English, or foreign language pre-requisite, you must take a placement test. Please visit our Placement Testing webpage.


Joseph Young
Assistant Director of Admissions: Access Programs
Scroll to top