The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites you to celebrate the academic achievements of the newest graduating class. See Guest Info and a link to the Livestream below.
Saturday, December 16, 2023
Sports & Activity Center, Alfred & Bernice De Simone Arena
10:00 AM CEREMONY | 9:00 AM DOORS OPEN
Graduating students should arrive no later than 9:30
A reception for graduates and guests will follow each ceremony in the Sports & Activity Center's Fieldhouse. Graduates, and their family and friends, may use the Fieldhouse for post-ceremony pictures.
No tickets are required for guests attending the ceremony. There is a limit of 6 guests per degree candidate.
WHERE TO GO
Report to the Fieldhouse in the Sports & Activity Center to check-in, pick up name cards, and assemble for the Commencement Procession.
Go directly to the De Simone Arena in the Sports & Activity Center.
for degree candidates or guests
The De Simone Arena is primarily bleacher seating. Degree candidates or guests who require special accommodations for the ceremony should notify the Office of the Registrar by email two weeks prior to the ceremony.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request consideration.
At this point no special protocol is planned, but check back closer to ceremony date as circumstances can change.
PLAN YOUR VISIT TO CAMPUS
The Commencement Ceremony is held in the Sport and Activity Center.
Free parking is available in surface lots surrounding the Sport and Activity Center, and additional free parking is available in the nearby Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities lots.
Only diploma covers are received on stage at the commencement ceremony. Actual degrees and diplomas are NOT awarded at the commencement ceremony.
CAPS AND GOWNS - “ACADEMIC REGALIA”
Be sure to bring ALL of your academic regalia (graduation attire) as we do not have extra tassels, caps nor gowns.
All candidates must wear appropriate regalia in their entirety to participate in the commencement ceremony.
You may not participate in the commencement ceremony without full regalia.
Read more about obtaining regalia on Graduation Send Off page.
GRADUATING WITH UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC HONORS
University Baccalaureate Academic Honors GPA Requirements (including all transfer courses):
Cum Laude 3.500 – 3.699
Magna Cum Laude 3.700 – 3.899
Summa Cum Laude 3.900 – 4.000
University Graduate Academic Honors GPA Requirements
(including all transfer courses):
With Distinction 3.830 – 4.000
- University Academic Honors for commencement are based upon grades earned PRIOR to your last semester.
- The Parkside cumulative GPA in SOLAR is based on Parkside coursework only and is NOT used for academic honors.
- Undergrad students: In your AAR, look for Combined/Degree GPA in the University Requirements section for the GPA used to award Academic Honors.
- Graduate students: In your AAR, look for the section that has the name of your program followed by "GPA".
- Only University Academic Honors Cords will be distributed to eligible graduates at commencement check-in.
- Other cords may be distributed by the department/organization recognizing the honors.
- Final official University Academic Honors are determined during the final degree audit after final grades are posted and will appear on your transcript and on your diploma.
GRADUATION VS. COMMENCEMENT
The process of being awarded an official degree. To be awarded a degree, candidates are required to apply for graduation. A final degree audit must be completed before a degree is officially awarded and this will not happen until AFTER the commencement ceremony.
Read more about graduation requirements on Steps to Your Graduation.
The ceremony is recognition by the University, family, and friends of the expected degree achievement. A.K.A - “Walking across the stage.”