Call for Nominations: UW-Parkside Diversity Award
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is now accepting nominations for the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Diversity Award. This university-wide award recognizes a faculty or staff member who makes outstanding contributions or efforts toward enhancing diversity and inclusion at UW-Parkside. The 2013 award recipient was Rita Altmeyer.
Prospective nominees must be faculty or staff members employed 50 percent time or more with a minimum of three years of continuous service at the University. No individual is eligible to receive the award more than once every five years.
Nominations are based on the nominee's demonstrated leadership or outstanding contributions or efforts toward enhancing diversity and inclusion in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrating a consistent pattern of commitment to the recruitment and retention of an inclusive and diverse faculty, staff, or student body.
- Creating programs, initiatives, or projects in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborating with campus or community groups to promote or implement programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Providing leadership and direction in building a welcoming and supportive campus climate.
- Providing significant mentorship or support to students, staff/and or faculty members who represent a particular segment of diversity within our community.
- Creating curricula that enables students to appreciate and understand the dynamics of diversity and inclusion.
Members of the Inclusive Excellent Committee selects the top candidates. Recommendations are then forwarded to the Chancellor. The award recipient will be honored at the 2014 Fall Convocation.
Nominations submitted by Wednesday, April 30, 2014, receive full consideration and self-nominations are encouraged. Please click here for Nomination Form. When completed, please send the form and supporting documents to Ed Twyman, WYLL Hall, Room 348 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Forms submitted without the nominator's name will not be used. If you have further questions, please call 262-595-2039.