Free Exercise Classes!
Published: April 10, 2015
By: Alyssa Mowrer '16
Join Parkside's Fitness Program Management class (HESM 430) for an awesome lineup of free exercise classes! Students will be teaching these classes as part of their requirement so this is a great way to support your peers and get in shape at the same time! All participants must be 18 or older, fill out a physical activity readiness questionnaire, and sign a release and consent form.
Here's a list of the classes offered:
- Aqua Aerobics: Apr 6 and 20 from 11-12 with Eric and Danielle in the SAC Pool. This is a lower impact course designed for people who might have joint pain or are just looking to spice up their daily cardio routine.
- Tabata Style Bootcamp: Apr 13 from 12-1pm and Apr 29 from 8-9am with Emily and Elina in the SAC Dance Studio. This is a high intensity cardio and strength course.
- Partner Conditioning: Apr 13 from 5-6pm with Kyle in the Dance Studio. Bring a buddy or meet a new one and learn how to work out with a partner.
- Ace in the Hole Circuit Training: Apr 14 8:30-9:30am with Andrew in the Dance Studio. Try this innovative exercise program that combines a deck of cards and dumbbells!
- APB Sports Training: Apr 15 and 27 from 12-1pm with Ben and Scott in the SAC Fieldhouse. This combination of Agility, Plyometrics, and Balance (APB) will target your training to your specific skill level.
- Total Tone: Apr 23 and May 7 from 8:30-9:30am with Brittany and Cailyn in the Dance Studio. This upbeat class will focus on an all over muscle tone.
- Circuit Training: Apr 24 from 9-10am with Jordan in the Dance Studio. Come try this fun circuit of 3 rounds of 10 exercises.
- Deep Tissue Stretching and Yoga: Apr 29 and May 6 from 12-1pm with Abbi and Courtney in the Dance Studio. Stretch and strengthen your muscles with yoga and help with joint pain and stiffness by learning techniques with a foam roller.