Reporting a Cyber Incident
What is a Cyber Incident?
Cyber Incidents are actions taken through the use of an information system or network that result in an actual or potentially adverse effect on an information system, network, and/or the information residing therein.
Reporting a Cyber Incident to Campus Technology Services
It is important that you directly communicate with someone from CTS via phone, email, or in person at the TechBar. If the TechBar is unavailable, please email email@example.com.
Reporting Cyber Harassment
If you are calling to report electronic harassment and you feel your safety is at risk, please make sure you have reported the event to the University Police.
What information is important when reporting an incident?
When speaking with the TechBar to report an incident, please be prepared to answer the following questions if applicable to your event:
- When did the event happen?
- What is your preferred method of contact? (phone number, email address)
- Who is involved (other University staff/Police/other organizations)?
- If the police are involved, please provide the case number if possible.
- What kinds and how much University held data is potentially at risk? Is there any risk to University Restricted Data?
- Does this impact the availability of a University service?
Are you reporting a stolen UW-Parkside device?
Please contact the local police of where the device was stolen. Please let the University Police know and provide them with the case number. Any identifying information would be helpful in their investigation. An example of identifying information would be an asset tag number or a serial number of the device that has been stolen.
What information is important when reporting a stolen device?
- Any readily available information about the device(s) involved (IP Addresses, MAC addresses, device names, Asset Tags, Serial Numbers, encryption levels)
- Any actions that have been taken
- Any help requested
Contact UW-Parkside Police Department
(262) 595-2455 | firstname.lastname@example.org | UW-Parkside Police Department website