Injury or Illness at Work


Your safety is important to us.  If you are injured while at work, the three most important things to do as soon as possible are to:

  • Report your injury to your supervisor (employer) as soon as possible and provide the date, time, location and brief description of how the injury/illness occurred. Outside normal business hours, report the accident, injury or illness immediately to University Police (595-2455 or emergency # 595-2911).
  • Get the medical attention you need; and
  • Complete the Employee's Work Injury and Illness Report and provide to your supervisor within 24 hours (if possible).  Click this link to fill out the form: Employee Work Injury and Illness Report 

Additional Responsibilities:

  • Claim
  • Lost Time
  • Worker's Compensation Benefits
  • Return to Work

Worker's Compensation

Worker’s compensation is a benefit program that pays for medical treatment and wages lost due to injuries or illnesses that happen at work. as defined in the Wisconsin Statutes. At the time of the injury you must be an employee of UW-Parkside (employee-employer relationship). To be eligible for benefits, your injury or occupational illness must have occurred while performing services for your employer.

Additional information for employees, supervisors, and coordinators can be found here

For more information, or in case of an emergency, please contact:

Aaron Shanahan
Worker's Compensation Coordinator

Phone: 262-595-2910

Scroll to top