Mission and Vision
The College of Natural and Health Sciences will be a regional leader through excellence in teaching, research and service to the university and greater community.
Mission to achieve our vision by:
- broadening the intellectual experience of students through inquiry-based laboratory and field courses, original research, and hands-on internships, under the guidance of teacher-scholars who are active in scholarship and research
- ensuring that students master effective oral and written communication, reasoned judgment, and social and personal responsibility necessary to assume leadership roles in their professions and in local, regional and global spheres
- utilizing contemporary and emerging instructional methodologies
- engaging faculty and staff who emphasize excellence in teaching and research for the advancement of science, health and mathematics
- providing expertise and being a knowledge base to aid the growth and development of diverse regional organizations and businesses
- providing academic opportunities for lifelong learning.