Sport Career Day
Interested in a career in the professional sports industry? Join us at the 2nd Annual Sport Career Day! Network with sports organizations from across Wisconsin and NE Illinois and participate in activities such as resume reviews, mock interviews, a networking lunch, and a panel discussion.
FRI, OCT 13 | 11 AM-2:30 PM
UW-Parkside Sports and Activity Center (SAC)
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS EVENT IF YOU'RE:
- A Senior seeking full-time career opportunities in the sports industry upon graduation
- A Freshmen, sophomore, junior, or senior seeking internships to gain sports industry work experience and expand their professional network
- A student who wants to meet with members of sports organizations and learn about career opportunities and how best to prepare for success
11 AM-11:45 AM
Internship Panel | Learn from industry members how to gain an internship, how to succeed as an intern, and how to leverage your internship for a career in sport.
- Ryne Goralski: General Manager, Kenosha Kingfish Baseball Club
- Ryan Moede: Vice President- Business Operations, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Heather Wojciechowski-DeCaire: Senior Director of Entertainment, Milwaukee Admirals
- C. J. Selner: Assistant Athletic Director, UW-Parkside Athletics
- Quin Garbett: Recreation Specialist, Field House at Waukegan Park District
11:45 AM-12 PM
Alumni Award Announcement
Networking Lunch | members of the sport industry will be seated throughout the lunch area. You will have the chance to sit down with them and build relationships with sport organizations.
Career Fair | This is your opportunity to explore many of the sport organizations available in the Wisconsin and Illinois areas. Sport organizations will provide information regarding internships, careers, and sport industry advice
Mock Interviews | The first 30 students to register and indicate interest by emailing Dr. Megan Parietti at firstname.lastname@example.org will have the opportunity to practice their interview skills with someone who is currently working in the sport industry. If you are one of the first 30 students, you will have an interview time sent to you.
Resume Review | Members of the sport industry will review resumes for students on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our annual Sport Career Day! This is your organization’s chance to interact with students from multiple universities who are interested in working in the sport field.
ADDITIONAL SCHEDULE DETAILS FOR EMPLOYERS
1O:30 AM-12:30 PM
Career Fair Set-Up | You will be provided with a table, tablecloth, and chairs for you to utilize as students visit your organization’s representatives
Networking Lunch | This is your chance to enjoy a free lunch while talking with students about your organization, tips for working in your specific area of sport, and/or the sport industry as a whole
Career Fair | Your organization’s representatives will have an opportunity to visit with students
Mock Interviews | Mock interviews- your chance to assist students in building their interview skills. Each interview will be 10-15 minutes. Please save a few of those minutes to provide feedback to the student.
Resume Review | This is a drop-in session where you will be able to review students’ current resumes and provide feedback for improvement.
- Bear Paw Adventure Park
- Boys and Girls Club of Kenosha
- Carthage Athletics
- Chicago Bulls
- Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Grand Geneva Resort and Spa
- Kenosha Kingfish
- Kenosha YMCA
- Lake Country Dockhounds
- Lakeshore Chinooks
- Milwaukee Admirals
- Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
- Prospect Training Academy
- Rockford Rivets
- Rush Wisconsin Southeast Soccer Club
- Schaumburg Boomers
- UW-Parkside Athletics
- Waukegan Park District
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers