Paying for college doesn't have to be difficult or confusing. Visit or contact the Cashier's Office with any questions you might have regarding fees, tuition payments, refunds, and other related matters. We are here to help you!
What are my payment options?
You can pay in person, online, or by mail with checks, money orders, or credit cards.
Checks or Money Orders
Checks and money orders should be payable to University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Be sure to include your student identification number on your check. Personal checks must include a preprinted name and address. Starter checks are not accepted.
Bring your check or money order payment to the Cashier's Office (Wyllie Hall D193) or send by mail to:
ATTN: CASHIER'S OFFICE, WYLL D193
UNIV OF WI-PARKSIDE
900 WOOD RD
PO BOX 2000
KENOSHA WI 53141-2000
Payments must be postmarked on or before the tuition due date to avoid late fees.
Credit Card or E-Check
You can pay with a credit card or an e-check on SOLAR. A convenience fee will be charged. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express.
When is my payment due?
Is there a payment plan available?
Yes, we have partnered with our new processor, CashNet, for tuition payment plans. Plans are available for fall and spring semesters only. Please note that the plan is not available for MBAO or FLEX students.
Enroll in a Payment Plan
- Login to your Solar account Student Center page
- Click "make a payment" - this will take you to the CashNet website
- Click "enroll in an installment plan" and choose the appropriate term available
- The plan consists of 3 installments. It costs $35 to enroll. The enrollment fee is due immediately to confirm enrollment in the plan.
- The last day to enroll in the plan is FEB 15.
- Spring 2019 payments are due FEB 15, MAR 18, and APR 17.
- CashNet accounts are fully online and self-service for students and parents: credit or debit card transactions will charge a 2.75% convenience fee, electronic check payments are at no additional cost.
- Auto payment capability available through your payment plan account on CashNet.
- Students can create separate “parent access” to their payment plan account on CashNet by setting up a parent PIN.
- For payment plan issues, students can contact CashNet directly at the Smart Pay Support line: 1-800-339-8131 or the Cashier's Office.
If you enroll in a payment plan but you do not make a payment by the tuition due date, you will be subject to late fees assessed by UW-Parkside and CashNet separately.
How much do I owe?
You can see what you owe for tuition and fees in your SOLAR Student Center under Finances. If you need assistance, you can utilize the Print Bill directions or call us. You will also receive an email reminding you to check your account prior to the start of each semester. NOTE: You will not be billed for waitlisted courses. Check your SOLAR account.
What if my employer or an agency is paying my tuition?
If tuition and fees are being paid by an agency or employer, you must make certain that they have been cleared by the agency or your employer and have the authorization letter submitted to the Cashier's Office by the tuition due date. Students who provide authorizations after the tuition due date are liable for late fees and interest.
If payment by an employer is dependent on grades, the student is responsible for payment of fees by the tuition due date.
What if I am an international student?
We have partnered with Flywire by Peer Transfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save significant amounts of money as compared to traditional banks. You will also be notified by email when your payments are received by us.
What happens if I am late with my payment?
Failure to pay tuition by the scheduled due date will result in late fees and interest. While your balance remains unpaid, you will be unable to register for future semesters, make schedule changes, receive official transcripts, or view your grades.
Will I receive a receipt for my paid tuition?
If you need official verification of payment, you may submit a Tuition Receipt Letter Request form to the Cashier's Office. The form is available online.
The Tuition Receipt Letter includes financial aid amounts received (including loans), the number of credits completed, and the amount paid for that semester. Letters will be available two business days after the request.