Paying for college doesn't have to be difficult or confusing. Visit or contact the Cashier's Office with any questions you might have regarding fees, tuition payments, refunds, and other related matters. We are here to help you!
What are my payment options?
You can pay online with credit cards, checks, or by enrolling in a payment plan.
You can pay with any major credit card through SOLAR. Credit or debit card transactions will charge a 2.75% convenience fee. International transactions will charge a 4.25% convenience fee. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express.
BY MAILYou can also pay by mail with checks or money orders.
Send by mail to:
ATTN: CASHIER'S OFFICE
UNIV OF WI-PARKSIDE
900 WOOD RD
PO BOX 2000
KENOSHA WI 53141-2000
Payments must be postmarked on or before the tuition due date to avoid late fees.
When is my payment due?
Yes, we have partnered with our processor, Transact Payments, for tuition payment plans. Plans are available for fall and spring semesters only. Please note that the plan is not available for the drop for non-payment programs.
Enroll in a Payment Plan for Fall or Spring
- Login to your Solar account Student Center page
- Click "make a payment" - this will take you to the Transact Payments website
- Click "enroll in an installment plan" and choose the appropriate term available
- The plan consists of 3 installments. It costs $45 to enroll. The enrollment fee is due immediately to confirm enrollment in the plan.
- Transact Payments accounts are fully online and self-service for students and parents: credit or debit card transactions will charge a 2.75% convenience fee. International transactions will charge a 4.25% convenience fee. Electronic check payments are at no additional cost.
- Auto payment capability is available through your payment plan account on Transact Payments.
- Students can create separate “parent access” to their payment plan account on Transact Payments by setting up a parent PIN.
- For payment plan issues, students can contact Transact Payments directly at the Smart Pay Support line: 1-800-339-8131 or the Cashier's Office.
If you enroll in a payment plan but you do not make a payment by the tuition due date, you will be subject to late fees assessed by UW-Parkside (as outlined on the late fee page) and Transact Payments (see portal for details) separately.
How much do I owe?
You can see what you owe for tuition and fees in your SOLAR Student Center under Finances. If you need assistance, you can utilize the Print Bill directions or call us. You will also receive an email reminding you to check your account prior to the start of each semester. NOTE: You will not be billed for waitlisted courses. Check your SOLAR account.
What if my employer or an agency is paying my tuition?
If tuition and fees are being paid by an agency or employer, you must make certain that they have been cleared by the agency or your employer and have the authorization letter submitted to the Cashier's Office by the tuition due date. Students who provide authorizations after the tuition due date are liable for late fees and interest.
If payment by an employer is dependent on grades, the student is responsible for payment of fees by the tuition due date.
If you are enrolled in a drop for non-payment program, payment must be received in the office no later than the Thursday before the tuition due date to ensure proper credit to your student account.
What if I am an international student?
As of January 2023, international students can make payments via their SOLAR account. Payments can be made online from banks and countries around the world, usually in your home currency.
Log into your SOLAR account. Select "Make a Payment" . You will be automatically directed to our payment processor Transact.
In Transact, choose "Make a Payment".
If you need assistance from Transact, contact Transact Customer Service: 1-800-339-8131.
If you need assistance accessing Transact, please contact the Cashier's Office via email or phone : 262-595-2258.
What happens if I am late with my payment?
Failure to pay tuition by the scheduled due date will result in late fees and interest. While your balance remains unpaid, you will be unable to register for future semesters, make schedule changes, receive official transcripts, or view your grades.
Will I receive a receipt for my paid tuition?
If you need official verification of payment, you may submit a Tuition Receipt Letter Request form to the Cashier's Office. The form is available online.
The Tuition Receipt Letter includes financial aid amounts received (including loans), the number of credits completed, and the amount paid for that semester. Letters will be available two business days after the request.