Counseling Services: Personal Counseling

Free personal counseling and referrals are available to all students of the UW-Parkside community. All services are provided by licensed professionals and comply with federal confidentiality laws.


Individual and group counseling for concerns,

including but not limited to:

  • Anxiety/Stress
  • Academic concerns
  • Relationships (partners, family, friends, etc.)
  • Depression
  • Sexuality and Gender Issues
  • Self esteem
  • Grief
  • Suicidal thoughts/plans
  • Eating problems/Body image
  • Alcohol and/or Drug concerns
  • Personal growth
  • Sexual assault/Abuse


Counseling? In counseling, a counselor can help you learn new skills and gain new perspectives in situations so that you will be more capable of solving problems on your own. Counselors are non-judgmental, objective, experienced helpers.

Cost? No cost, it is free for students.

Confidential? Yes! Information shared during a counseling session is protected by law. The SHCC can not share with your parents or anyone else outside the SHCC without your written permission or under very specific circumstances authorized by law.

Appointment? Yes, you need to schedule an appointment for a counseling session.

To schedule an appointment, please call (262) 595-2366.

In case of emergency or crisis please contact us immediately or contact the University Police at
(262) 595-2911.

Scroll to top
Who Are You?