ONLINE DEGREE COMPLETION
The Psychology online degree completion
program has the same rigorous standards as the
traditional major, and is a great option if you have
existing college credits. The flexible program is a
great choice if you are balancing work, family, and
Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and mental processes, including the empirical investigation of the nervous system underlying them. Majoring in the UW-Parkside Psychology Online degree completion program will give you a broad-based education in the content, methods, principles, and theories of the science of the human mind and human and animal behavior. As a graduate, you will be uniquely prepared to pursue careers in, law enforcement, corrections, human resources, marketing, advertising, nonprofit agencies, and research. In addition, the writing, research, and analytical skills gained from the major will prepare you for graduate-level programs in fields such as counseling, psychology, education, law, medicine and business.
- A Degree completion program—designed for students who have completed at least 45 college credits (NOTE: For students needing to complete general education requirements and the requisite 45 college credits, a UW Parkside advisor works with you to design an online pathway toward acceptance into the PSYC program).
- The length of the program varies based on number of credits transferred and completion of specific program courses. Transfer guides are in place for most associate degree programs.
- All course content is online.
- This online program is very flexible making it a great choice for busy adults who are balancing work, family, and other commitments and for students with geographical limitations, who would like to complete their degree online.
- All online classes are asynchronous, so there is no need to be online at a specific time or place.
- Structured curriculum with 7 core and breadth courses and 6 upper-level depth and elective courses.