Visitors to Campus
UW-Parkside has established three top priorities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Ensure the health and safety of our campus community,
- Successfully deliver our academic mission, and
- Join the national and global effort of flattening the curve of the virus.
These priorities compel us to limit the number of visitors to campus. In addition, we have a responsibility to document visitor activity should it be needed for contact tracing purposes.
Visitors coming to campus should be pre-approved. If a visitor arrives on campus and is not pre-approved, signage at the entrances will direct them to the Police Department in Tallent Hall, the Concierge Desk in the Student Center, the Sports and Activity Center (SAC), or the Rita Box Office where they can seek approval. Approvals can be granted by the following Parkside staff:
- Visitors seeking access to the Student Activities Center (SAC) would be approved by the Director of Athletics or Deputy Director of Athletics.
- Visitors participating in student related activities, including tours of prospective students would be approved by the Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services or the Dean of Students.
- Visitors associated with maintenance and construction projects would be approved by the Director of Facilities Management (backed up by the Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration).
- Visitors associated with vendors supporting campus services would be approved by the Director of Business Services (backed up by the Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration).
- Visitors associated with academic programing and instruction would be approved by the Provost or Vice Provost.
- Visitors to classrooms and guest lectures would be approved by the Dean of the respective college or the Provost’s Office.
- Visitors to the App Factory and the GIS Factory would be approved by the Dean or Associate Dean for the College of Business, Economics, and Computing.
- Visitors to the Chancellors Office would be approved by the Chancellor.
- Visitors to the University Advancement Office would be approved by the Associate Chancellor or Director of Operations.
- All other visitors would be approved by the Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration (backed up by the Provost).
To ensure the health and safety of our campus community, the number of visitors and the size of visitor groups to campus should be kept to minimum. Faculty, staff, and students are expected to exercise the same caution by not bringing friends and family members, including children, to campus unless involved in official campus programing.
Visitors should be directed to check-in at either the Police Department, the Concierge Desk in the Student Center, the Sports and Activity Center, or the Rita Box Office before proceeding with their business. Approvers should notify the Police Department in advance so details of the visit can be logged.
When the visitor(s) arrives, a temperature check (not greater than 100.4°) and a Qualtrics survey will be completed as safety precautions. The Qualtrics survey will collect information for contract tracing purposes.
Approved visitors that have checked in and satisfied the precautionary questions will be issued an identification sticker, given a face mask if needed, and advised on campus safety protocols. Visitors, other than contractors and routine vendors/suppliers, must be escorted by a member of the UW-Parkside staff.