Beginning Fall 2018, high school students at public and private high schools in Wisconsin can earn college credit through the Early College Credit Program (ECCP). A student selected for the program may be permitted to enroll in UW-Parkside, to take one or more courses for which the student may earn high school credit, post-secondary credit, or both. Under ECCP, the costs of the courses are shared among the nonprofit institution of higher education (IHE), the school district or private school, the state, and in some cases the student’s family.
How to Start:
- Complete the UW System ECCP Participation Form and submit to your school counselor for approval.
- Apply online at apply.wisconsin.edu
- Create an account and select UW-Parkside
- Select Undergraduate Special as reason for applying
- Select Early College Credit Program (ECCP) as applying
- Complete the application and submit
- Submit an Official High School transcript and ACT Score (ACT is optional), as well as, official AP scores if courses you are interested in require pre-requisite or placement tests that you may have already met the requirement for
- Must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA, or a 23 ACT to participate in this program.
- Turn in all paperwork by the deadlines below:
- District Paperwork Deadline: Your paperwork is due to your high school no later than March 1 (for fall enrollment) or October 1 (for spring enrollment). You must complete this paperwork and a UW-Parkside online application every semester you plan to participate in the program.
- Parkside Application Deadline: Your online application to Parkside is due no later than June 1 (for fall enrollment) or December 1 (for spring enrollment.)
- Orientation and Placement testing
- After admission, you must attend a mandatory Early College Credit Program Orientation and Registration session.
- Sign up for orientation here: www.uwp.edu/orientation
**There will be only one orientation session - you will register for classes at this session
- If you are approved to take a credit-bearing Math course, an English course above English 100, a Foreign Language course above 103 OR, you are approved to take a course that has a Math, English, or Foreign Language you must take a Placement Test. Please visit our Placement Testing webpage and choose "Incoming Student: Early College Credit".
**There will be only one placement testing session
- Early College Credit Program is available for fall and spring semester only.
Contact us using the information below.