Youth Options is a statewide program that allows public high school students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. Youth Options participants must be juniors or seniors in high school and be in the top 25% of their high school class. All courses must be pre-approved by your school district.
How to Start:
- Complete the DPI Youth Options Application and submit to your school counselor for approval.
- Apply online at apply.wisconsin.edu
- Create an account and select UW-Parkside
- Under Reason for Applying, select Undergraduate Special
- Under Applying, select Youth Options
- Complete the application and indicate intended courses
- Submit an Official High School transcript and ACT Score
- Turn in all paperwork by the deadlines:
- District Paperwork Deadline: Your paperwork is due to your district no later than March 1 (for fall enrollment) or October 1 (for spring enrollment). You must present this paperwork every semester you plan to participate in the program.
- Parkside Application Deadline: Your online application to Parkside is due no later than June 1 (for fall enrollment) or December 1 (for spring enrollment.)
- General Information
- Youth Options is available only for fall and spring semester.
- After admission, you must attend a mandatory Youth Options Orientation and Registration session.
- Sign up for Orientation and Course Registration. The Spring 2018 Orientation is scheduled for January 26 from 8:00am - 12:00pm. All students must attend Orientation to be eligible to participate in Youth Options.
- If you are planning to take a Math, English or Foreign Language course, you must take a Placement Test. Register for Placement Testing.
Contact us using the information below.