General Reference Transfer Guide

UW-Parkside wordmark - color

Application Process

Early application is recommended as the University of Wisconin- Parkside operates on a rolling admission schedule and reserves the right to stop accepting applications as needed. Students likely to be admitted will have a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 or higher.

  • Complete an online application at
  • Submit official transcripts from ALL previous institutions of higher education**

**All transcripts MUST be official and come directly from the institution


A tool designed to reveal how UW-Parkside will likely award credit for transferable courses.
Accessible Here

Calculation of Cumulative Transfer GPA:
Based on transferrable courses from all institutions attended, including grades of "F". If a course is retaken, the most recent grade is used.

Tuition and Scholarships


Out-of-State Scholarship Program

UW-Parkside offers generous nonresident scholarship opportunities which are automatically applied based on transfer GPA.

  • 3.0 - 3.24: $5,000
  • 3.25 - 3.49: $6,000
  • 3.50 or above: $7,000

Phi Theta Kappa (graduated from an accredited community college with an AA or AS and an active member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society: $7,000

General University Scholarships

Students MUST be admitted by February 1 to be considered for additional scholarships. 

More information about scholarships and aid can be found here:



Students who earn an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Science (A.S.) degree, with at least 45 transferable credits, from an accredited college parallel liberal arts program will be considered to have completed the general education and skills (English and math) requirements* for degree completion. Students must still satisfy the ethnic diversity and foreign language requirements. This guide can be used to help students who are not completing a degree program to choose courses which will transfer to Parkside and apply towards degree progress. *Additional English and/ or math may be required based on major program.

Every effort is made to maintain accurate information; however, this information is subject to change. It is always best to consult with your academic advisor or a Parkside admissions counselor to ensure accuracy of equivilancies in your transfer plan.

English and Math Computational Skills

ENG 122 Composition and Reading ENGL 101

MTH 105 or 117

Survey of Math MATH 102
MTH 142 Elementary Statistics MATH 103
MTH 141 Quantitative Reasoning MATH 104
MTH 108 College Algebra MATH 111

* Additional courses may meet the Parkside math requirement from CLC. Please consult with a transfer counselor.

** Specific majors may require a designated math course or need additional math beyond the university skills requirement


Foreign Language Requirements

  • Must be fulfilled by one of the following options:
  • Two years of one language in high school with a grade of C or better in the second year
  • Two college semesters of one foreign language from an accredited institution (Complete course at 104 level or above at Parkside (or equivalent)


    Ethnic Diversity Requirement
    The following CLC courses meet the ethnic diversity requirement:

    EDU 224, ENG 246, ENG 263, ENG 264, HST 240, HST 241, PDS 123, THE 123

    Additional courses may qualify. Please contact a transfer admissions counselor at Parkside to discuss other options. Completion of A.A. or A.S. degree does not exempt the student from this requirement.


    General Education Requirement
    The general education curriculum provides students with exposure to different disciplines and subject matter. The curriculum consists of a minimum of 36 credits outside of the skills requirements, distributed across three distribution areas. Information regarding the general education curriculum can be found here:

The University of Wisconsin-Parkside and the College of Lake County have produced this guide as a tool for students. Every effort is made to maintain accurate information; however, this guide is subject to change. Final responsibility for verifying information rests with the student. Please feel free to contact a transfer representative:

University of Wisconsin-Parkside:

College of Lake County:
Counseling, Advising, and Transfer Center (847) 543-2060 /


Scroll to top