Parkside Promise Plus
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to offering Wisconsin students with limited resources access to a great education. The Parkside Promise Plus program will cover any tuition not covered by federal and state grant aid and scholarships. Sure, there are some eligibility requirements and rules to follow. You can check them out below.
To be eligible, you need to...
- Be a new freshman admitted to Parkside by June 1
- Submit the FAFSA by June 1 and have an SAI (Student Aid Index)between -1500 and 2000.
- Be a Wisconsin resident for tuition purposes
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.20 or above at time of admission
- Sign your Promise Pledge and attend required orientation session
- Enroll as a full-time student the fall following HS graduation
The good news and the fine print...
Here is what Parkside Promise Plus doesn't pay
- Books and course fees
- Parkside permit, meal plan and housing
- Winterim tuition costs
- Summer tuition costs if over 6 credits or not needed to meet credit requirement
*Although these costs are not included as part of the program, you may be offered additional aid in the form of grants and loans to assist with these costs.
And, the requirements...
- Students who qualify to be part of the Parkside Promise Plus program will begin to be notified in late March
- Promise students will be awarded a Promise Grant or a Wisconsin Tuition Promise grant if their state and federal grants do not cover the cost of tuition and segregated fees.
- Parkside Promise program is limited to four consecutive years of enrollment
How does it work? Check our our FAQ page.
- Reapply for Financial Aid each year by March 1
- Attend full-time for fall and spring semester for four consecutive years
- Complete 30 credits each academic year and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Complete your annual Promise Pledge requirements
And here's the PLUS...
Parkside Promise Plus students will have…
- Special session during new student orientation and Ranger Welcome to meet and connect with other students
- Guaranteed spot in our Student Support Services Trio program.
- Guaranteed spot in our Kick Start early arrival program and our Student Support Services Project Success first-year learning community.
- A dedicated peer mentor in your first year
- Additional support through Multicultural Student Affairs, and Parkside Academic Resource Center (PARC)
The Parkside Promise Plus opens the door to...
- A high quality UW-Parkside education
- Excellent programs that include business, computer science, teacher education, theatre, criminal justice, the health sciences, and more
- A community of learners that is the most diverse of all UW System universities
- Faculty and staff that are committed to the success of students, including the more than 50% of our students who are in the first generation of their families to attend college