Parkside Promise Plus
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to offering great students with limited economic resources access to a world-class education. The Parkside Promise Plus program will cover the cost if there is a gap between your financial aid package and the cost of tuition and segregated fees. Sure, there are some eligibility requirements and rules to follow. You can check them out below.
Program now open for new freshmen who will begin in the fall of 2022.
To be eligible, you need to...
- Be a new freshman admitted to Parkside by April 1
- Submit the FAFSA by April 1 and have an EFC of 1500 or less
- Be a Wisconsin resident for tuition purposes
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above at time of admission
- Attend required Promise orientation session (included in full orientation day) and sign your Promise Pledge
- Enroll as a full-time student the fall following HS graduation
The good news and the fine print...
Here is what Parkside Promise Plus doesn't pay
- Books and course fees
- Parkside permit, meal plan and housing
- Summer and/or winterim tuition costs
*Although these costs are not included as part of the program, you may be offered additional aid in the form of grants and loans to assist with these costs.
And, the requirements...
- Students who qualify to be part of the Parkside Promise Plus program will be notified in late April or early May
- Grant will be applied after using full Federal and State grants
- Parkside Promise program is limited to four consecutive years of enrollment
How does it work? Check our our FAQ page.
- Reapply for Financial Aid each year by March 1 and remain eligible for the Federal Pell Grant
- Attend full-time for fall and spring semester for four consecutive years
- Complete 30 credits each academic year and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Complete your annual Promise Pledge requirements
And here's the PLUS...
Parkside Promise Plus students will have…
- A special session during new student orientation and Ranger Welcome to meet and connect with other students
- An opportunity to advance math skills (if needed) through our summer program at no additional costs
- A specially designed Parkside Promise Plus pre-fall program
- Guarenteed spot in our Student Support Services Project Success first-year program.
- Access to peer mentors and
- Additional support through Multicultural Student Affairs, and Parkside Academic Resource Center (PARC)
The Parkside Promise Plus opens the door to...
- A high quality UW-Parkside education
- Excellent programs that include business, computer science, teacher education, theatre, criminal justice, the health sciences, and more
- A community of learners that is the most diverse of all UW System universities
- Faculty and staff that are committed to the success of students, including the more than 50% of our students who are in the first generation of their families to attend college