UW-Parkside Hosts Inaugural Sport Management Conference
Parkside Sport Management Conference Interview
SOMERS- The University of Wisconsin-Parkside sport management program is pleased to announce that it will be presenting its inaugural UW-Parkside Sport Management Conference on Feb. 22, 2019. The conference will be staged in the Parkside Cinema located in the Student Center on the UW-Parkside campus.
The event will bring together highly-respected sport industry professionals and students from around the state and Midwest region to network and discuss current trends and the future of key areas of the sport industry. Admission to the conference is free and open to all who are interested in learning more about the future of sports.
The panel topics for the inaugural UW-Parkside Sport Management Conference will bring together professionals from major and minor league/emerging sports, college sports as well as recreational sport.
As the keynote speaker for the conference, we are delighted to have Brian Gainor, Vice President of Innovation of 4Front, which is a sport consulting firm based out of Chicago. In addition to the Gainor, please see below the topics of the four panels with the confirmed speakers:
Panel Discussion #1: The Future of Minor League and Emerging Sports
Moderator: Eric Snodgrass, Assistant General Manager, Lakeshore Chinooks
- Jeff Gray, General Manager, Beloit Snappers
- Ryan Moede, General Manager, Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Peter Wilt, Managing Director, Big Top Soccer
- Mike Wojciechowski, Vice President – Business Development, Milwaukee Admirals
Panel Discussion #2: The Future of College Sports
Moderator: Brad Leonhard, Graduate Student, UW-Parkside
- Paul Anderson, Director, National Sports Law Institute of Marquette University Law School
- Brian Baptiste, Deputy Director of Athletics, Capital Projects and Operations, Northwestern University
- Andrew Gavin, Director of Athletics, UW-Parkside
- Charles Guthrie, Director of Athletics, UW-Green Bay
- G. Steven Larson, Commissioner, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
Panel Discussion #3: Best Practices and Future Trends in Sport Sales, Customer Interaction and Revenue Generation
Moderator: Chris Salazar, Ticket Operations and Sales Manager, Lakeshore Chinooks
- Gabrielle Dow, Vice President, Marketing & Fan Engagement, Green Bay Packers
- Doug Gole, General Manager, Kenosha Kingfish
- Trish Rasberry, Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service, ROC Ventures
- Dave Tamburrino, Director of Partnership Sales, Milwaukee Brewers
Panel Discussion #4: Sports Organizations as 365-day Revenue Generators
Moderator: Adam Schemm, Senior Associate Athletics Director – External Relations
- Craig Anderson, Director of Recreation, Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
- Conor Caloia, Chief Operating Officer, Big Top Sports
- Shawn Kison, General Manager, Milwaukee Milkmen
- Matt Ten Haken, Director of Sports Marketing, Fox Cities Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Rob Zerjav, President, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
In addition to the keynote speaker and panels, information on the UW-Parkside Master of Science in Sport Management program along with career and internship boards will be available for attendees.
Register for the conference online here.
The UW-Parkside sport management program is highly-ranked as one of the “Best Colleges for Sports Management Degree Programs 2018-2019,” by schools.com. The criteria considered in compiling the list included in-state undergraduate tuition and fees, graduation rate, accessibility, institutional spending, student-to-faculty ratio, flexibility, and size of program. Please visit our websites for the undergraduate sport management program and the master of science in sport management program.
For more information visit the Sport Management Conference's website.