FERPA - Tutorial 04
Directory Information (Public Records)
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside, in accordance with FERPA, has designated the following categories of information about individual students as public, or directory information. This information will be routinely released to any inquirer unless the student specifically requests through Student Records that a FERPA hold be placed on their record.
Student records with a FERPA hold will display this privacy shade in SOLAR when viewing their student data.
The following is a list of what the university has determined to be directory information:
- Student name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Enrollment status (full/part-time) and withdrawal dates
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Height and weight of members of athletic teams
- Dates of attendance to include current classification (year in school)
- Degrees and dates of graduation including anticipated graduation dates
- Awards received including academic awards
- Most recent education institution attended
- Initial registration date
Note:UW-Parkside student organizations seeking student information must contact the Registrar to request student directory information.