Cayuse for IRB
If you have never logged in to Cayuse before please contact Tina Radley at x2932 or send an email to IRB@uwp.edu requesting access.
If you are already a user:
Cayuse link: https://uwp.app.cayuse.com/
*Cayuse has been upgraded! Please click here for instructions on the change.
If you are having trouble with your log in please contact Tina Radley at x2932 or send an email to IRB@uwp.edu detailing your issue.
2022-2023 IRB Members
- Theresa Castor, (Committee Chair and Vice Provost for Academic Affairs)
- Philip Wagner, (Assistant Professor-Criminal Justice)
- Dan Baran,(Community Member)
- Fabian Preuss, (Assistant Professor-Biology)
- James Kennedy, (Community Member)
- John Standard, (Institutional Planner)
- Ignacio Rivero Covelo, (Assistant Professor, Psychology, Professional Counseling, and Neuroscience)
Vijayalakshmi Ramasamy, (Associate Professor, Computer Science)
Courtney Wirtz, (Associate Professor, IPEDS)
Institutional Review Board
All research involving human subjects must be reviewed by the IRB if it is:
- sponsored by the University, or
- conducted by or under the direction of any University employee in connection with his or her university responsibilities, or
- is conducted on or with University property, or
- involves the use of the University's nonpublic information to identify or contact subjects or potential subjects.
IRB minutes are available upon request to email@example.com.
To submit an IRB request:
- Complete the CITI Human Subjects Training. (Instructions [docx])
Before your request can be reviewed, CITI training must be completed by the Principal Investigator, co-PI(s) and any additional personnel who will have subject contact or access to personally identifiable data, including students. Your CITI training is active for 3 years after initial completion. The tutorial takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete and includes tests for each required module. You must score 80% or higher overall to complete the training.
- To submit, please follow the Cayuse for IRB instructions in the box on the right hand side of your screen. Requests will be reviewed by the IRB Chair or the full IRB as appropriate.
To ensure review of your request at the next scheduled IRB meeting, please submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. The IRB meets monthly during the academic year.
For the Fall 2023 term, the IRB will meet virtually the third Monday of each month from 4:00-5:00 pm.
Theresa Castor, UW-Parkside IRB Chair