- CITI Tutorial Instructions (docx)
- CITI Tutorial
- Types of IRB Review (docx)
- *Beginning Fall 2020 Semester these forms will be disabled. Please use our new electronic format, Cayuse for IRB in the box below.
- Initial Request Form (pdf)
- Continuing Review Form (docx)
- Modification of Approved Research Form (docx)
- Project Closure Form (docx)
2019-2020 IRB Members
- Theresa Castor, (Committee Chair and Professor-Communication)
- Dan Baran,(Community Member)
- Fabian Preuss, (Assistant Professor-Biology)
- James Kennedy, (Community Member)
- John Standard, (Institutional Planner)
- Dana Ryan, (Director, Professional Educator Development)
- Edward Bowden, (Associate Professor - Psychology)
- Susan Lincke, (Associate Professor - Computer Science)
Cayuse for IRB
To log in for the first time or reset your password: Cayuse for IRB Password set/reset
After your first log in and intial password set up log in here: Cayuse for IRB
Institutional Review Board
All research involving human subjects must be reviewed by the IRB if it is:
- sponsored by the University, or
- conducted by or under the direction of any University employee in connection with his or her university responsibilities, or
- is conducted on or with University property, or
- involves the use of the University's nonpublic information to identify or contact subjects or potential subjects.
IRB forms and minutes are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an IRB request:
- Complete the CITI Human Subjects Training. (Instructions [docx])
Before your request can be reviewed, CITI training must be completed by the Principal Investigator, co-PI(s) and any additional personnel who will have subject contact or access to personally identifiable data, including students. Your CITI training is active for 3 years after initial completion. The tutorial takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete and includes tests for each required module. You must score 80% or higher overall to complete the training.
- To submit, please follow the Cayuse for IRB instructions in the box on the right hand side of your screen. Requests will be reviewed by the IRB Chair or the full IRB as appropriate.
To ensure review of your request at the next scheduled IRB meeting, please submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. The IRB meets monthly during the academic year.
For the Spring 2020 term, the IRB will meet the third Monday of each month from 4:00-5:15 pm via web meeting as follows:
Theresa Castor, UW-Parkside IRB Chair