2018-2019 IRB Members
- Theresa Castor, (Committee Chair and Professor-Communication)
- Dan Baran,(Community Member)
- Fabian Preuss, (Assistant Professor-Biology)
- James Kennedy, (Community Member)
- John Standard, (Institutional Planner)
- Parag Dhumal, (Assistant Professor-Business)
- Edward Bowden, (Lecturer-Psychology)
- Susan Lincke, (Associate Professor - Computer Science)
Institutional Review Board
All research involving human subjects must be reviewed by the IRB if it is:
- sponsored by the University, or
- conducted by or under the direction of any University employee in connection with his or her university responsibilities, or
- is conducted on or with University property, or
- involves the use of the University's nonpublic information to identify or contact subjects or potential subjects.
IRB forms and minutes are available upon request to email@example.com.
To submit an IRB request:
- Complete the CITI Human Subjects Training. (Instructions [docx])
Before your request can be reviewed, CITI training must be completed by the Principal Investigator, co-PI(s) and any additional personnel who will have subject contact or access to personally identifiable data, including students. Your CITI training is active for 3 years after initial completion. The tutorial takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete and includes tests for each required module. You must score 80% or higher overall to complete the training.
- Complete the appropriate review form: Initial Request, Continuing Review, or Modification of Approved Research.
- Submit your completed request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be reviewed by the IRB Chair or the full IRB as appropriate.
To ensure review of your request at the next scheduled IRB meeting, please submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. The IRB meets monthly during the academic year.
For the Fall 2018 term, the IRB will meet the third Monday of each month from 4:00-5:15 pm in WYLL 337 as follows:
Theresa Castor, UW-Parkside IRB Chair