Cayuse for IRB
For training please contact Theresa Castor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-595-2252
To log in for the first time or reset your password: Cayuse for IRB Password set/reset
After your first log in and intial password set up log in here: Cayuse for IRB
Training site for Cayuse for IRB: Cayuse learning environment
- CITI Tutorial Instructions (docx)
- CITI Tutorial
- Types of IRB Review (docx)
- *Beginning Fall 2020 Semester these forms will be disabled. Please use our new electronic format, Cayuse for IRB in the box below.
- Initial Request Form (pdf)
- Continuing Review Form (docx)
- Modification of Approved Research Form (docx)
- Project Closure Form (docx)
- IRB and CBL Guidance
2021-2022 IRB Members
- Theresa Castor, (Committee Co-Chair and Professor-Communication)
- Philip Wagner, (Committee Co-chair and Assistant Professor-Criminal Justice)
- Dan Baran,(Community Member)
- Fabian Preuss, (Assistant Professor-Biology)
- James Kennedy, (Community Member)
- John Standard, (Institutional Planner)
- Ignacio Rivero Covelo, (Assistant Professor, Psychology, Professional Counseling, and Neuroscience)
Vijayalakshmi Ramasamy, (Associate Professor, Computer Science)
Institutional Review Board
All research involving human subjects must be reviewed by the IRB if it is:
- sponsored by the University, or
- conducted by or under the direction of any University employee in connection with his or her university responsibilities, or
- is conducted on or with University property, or
- involves the use of the University's nonpublic information to identify or contact subjects or potential subjects.
IRB forms and minutes are available upon request to email@example.com.
To submit an IRB request:
- Complete the CITI Human Subjects Training. (Instructions [docx])
Before your request can be reviewed, CITI training must be completed by the Principal Investigator, co-PI(s) and any additional personnel who will have subject contact or access to personally identifiable data, including students. Your CITI training is active for 3 years after initial completion. The tutorial takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete and includes tests for each required module. You must score 80% or higher overall to complete the training.
- To submit, please follow the Cayuse for IRB instructions in the box on the right hand side of your screen. Requests will be reviewed by the IRB Chair or the full IRB as appropriate.
To ensure review of your request at the next scheduled IRB meeting, please submit your request at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting. The IRB meets monthly during the academic year.
For the Spring 2022 term, the IRB will meetvirtually the third Monday of each month from 4:00-5:00 pm.
Mar 21, 2022 04:00 PM
Apr 18, 2022 04:00 PM
May 16, 2022 04:00 PM
Theresa Castor, UW-Parkside IRB Co-Chair