FERPA - Tutorial 06

Non-Directory Information (Private Records) CONTINUED
Private records will also be released without prior written consent in the following instances: 

  • Requests in connection with an emergency, if such information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or another person.
  • Requests in accordance with a lawful subpoena or court order.
  • Requests from representatives of agencies or organizations from which students have received financial aid, including banks or other lending agencies from which they have guaranteed student loans.
  • Requests from officials of other educational institutions where the student seeks or intends to enroll, or where the student is already enrolled, so long as the disclosure is for purposes related to the student's enrollment or transfer.
  • Requests from federal and state officials and organizations conducting studies on behalf of UW-Parkside and accrediting organizations.
  • The disclosure is to a parent of a student regarding the student's violation of any Federal, State, or local law, or of any rule or policy of the institution, governing the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance if the student is under the age of 21 at the time of the disclosure to the parent.
  • Other specifically exempted conditions listed in § 99.31 of the FERPA regulations

You should forward all requests for private information to the Office of the Registrar.


Scroll to top
Who Are You?