- apr01PARKSIDE SOFTBALL: Doubleheader vs. Saginaw Valley State
Parkside Softball is back at Case Softball Complex! Come out...
- apr01Alumni Gear Store
Gear up for Parkside Day by purchasing your alumni swag! ...
- apr02PARKSIDE SOFTBALL: Doubleheader vs. Wayne State University
Come out and support your Rangers as they take on...
Freshman Composition: English 100 and 101
Welcome to the Homepage for the UW-P Freshman Composition Program in the English Department. To receive their undergraduate degrees, all UW-P students must pass English 101 with a grade of C- or better, pass an accepted equivalent at another college or university, or receive a placement test score that places them out of the course.
Based on their placement test scores, entering first-year students are either placed out of English 101, or put in one of the following courses:
- ACSK 090 (Composition Preparation) was a remedial course that did not count towards graduation, although the course grade did affect the student's GPA. This course is now no longer offered at UW-Parkside.
- English 100 (Fundamentals of English)
- English 101 (Composition and Reading)
The Composition Resources page provides links to general resources for composition instructors, such as the Purdue University Online Writing Lab.