- jan30Parkside Basketball Doubleheader
In partnership with YLink, Parkside Athletics will host Young Professionals Night...
- jan31Winterim Instruction Ends
View important dates and deadlines for adding classes, dropping classes,...
- feb01Parkside Athletics Teddy Bear Toss
Please join the Rangers for a Teddy Bear Toss on...
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standardized test that is designed to provide graduate schools with a common measure for comparing the abilities of applicants. The test measures verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing skills that have been developed over a long period of time. It is a multiple-choice admission test for applicants to graduate schools. It is mandatory for students seeking Masters Degree or PhD degrees in the US.
What should you expect?
- The GRE has two sections–GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test. The General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and critical thinking and analytical writing skills that are not related to any specific field of study. The Subject Tests gauge undergraduate achievement in eight specific fields of study (Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology) and is often required for admission into a master's degree program. Each Subject Test is intended for students who have majored in or have extensive background in that specific area.
What are the benefits of a high score?
- In addition to an admission criterion, schools often use GRE scores to determine eligibility for merit-based grants and fellowships, as well as teaching and research assistantships.
The GRE Subject Tests gauges undergraduate achievement in specific fields of study and can help forecast a candidates potential for success in graduate school. Each Subject Test is intended for students who have majored in or have extensive background in that specific area.
GRE test scores also determine how much financial aid a candidate will receive. Most schools use GRE scores to determine eligibility for merit-based grants and fellowships, as well as teaching and research assistantships. A good test score also ensures admission in an Ivy League College. Hence a good score in the GRE becomes imperative for study abroad applicants desiring admission to their dream schools.
How do I register for the GRE?
- You can register for the GRE online at www.gre.org.
What fees are associated with the GRE Test?
- The fee to take the GRE test is $150 within the United States, some U.S. Territories, and Puerto Rico. The fee is $170 in all other locations (except China, including Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan, where it is $175).
Take the Practice Test: