BUSINESS MANAGEMENT MAJOR
The fast-paced world of business is full of interesting people, emerging global markets, and a myriad of opportunities for success. You will gain experience far beyond what you learn in the classroom by working with businesses and nonprofits on projects and these companies will benefits from your assistance.
Parkside is strategically located in the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, which is great for connecting you with meaningful internships and employment opportunities. Combine this with our accreditation and affordability and you will see that choosing UW-Parkside's Business Management program is a sound, logical decision.
- Tackle real-world business challenges through the Ralph Jaeschke Solutions for Economic Growth Center
- Have your eyes opened to the global aspect of business, visit another country, and learn to do business in another part of the world through the Global Education Center
- Work on real projects for start-ups and small businesses through the Small Business Development Center
All Business Management majors select from one of three concentrations:
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
Accredited for Quality
Our Business Department is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). We offer a high-quality, highly relevant educational experience taught by professors who regularly interact with the business community and who are up to date with the rapid changes in the global business environment.
Only 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this "gold standard" program accreditation.
You may also take classes to gain a certificate and add focus to your studies. There are four to choose from including;
- Project management
- Retail management
Close to 80% of students who major in business will have a position in sales. The sales certificate gets you off to a running start and gives you the type of skills the industry is seeking.
Careers after Parkside
Business management graduates hold exceptional jobs in:
- Computer networks and systems
- Corporate finance
- Government and nonprofit management
- Production and inventory management
- Supply Chain Operations
Our graduates work with prominent small, medium, and large organizations helping them succeed in our global economy.