BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEGREE COMPLETION ONLINE
Do you have an associate's degree or an unfinished four-year degree? Time constraints, family or work commitments preventing you from reaching your goal of earning a business degree? UW-Parkside has a convenient, online degree completion path designed specifically for you!
The online degree completion program is designed for students who would like to finish their degree solely online after completing the required pre-requisite courses. Because the program was created for students who have completed prior college credits, new students or students who do not meet the prerequisites will not be eligible to enroll in the Online Business Degree Completion Program.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management Online is designed for students who have completed:
1. An Associate of Science (AS), an Associate of Arts (AA), or an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS from UW-Colleges only) and the equivalent of MATH 111 (College Algebra 1).
If you are a degree-seeking transfer student holding an AAS from UW-Colleges AA degree, or AS degree from an accredited college-parallel liberal arts program, with a minimum of 45 transferable credits, you are exempt from UW-Parkside general education and skills requirements. Students with 90 or more transferable credits from an accredited liberal arts baccalaureate degree-granting college or university are also exempt.
2. 25 out of the 36 required general education courses and the equivalent of MATH 111 (College Algebra 1).
Please note an Associate of Applied Science and Associate of Applied Arts are degrees intended to prepare students for employment and will not waive the general education requirements. Students with an Applied Science or Applied Art Degree will be assessed using the criteria above.
Earn your business management degree online by completing the requirements listed on the program sheet.
Business coursework required for graduation:
- 31 credits of fundamental and business preparation courses
- 21 credits of upper-level foundation core courses
- 15 credits of elective courses
- These electives are offered in high demand areas such as Project Management, Managing Services, Sales, Global Management, Digital Marketing, and Supply Chain Management. You can even include a 3-credit internship and/or a 3-credit independent study to meet your elective requirements with instructor permission.
- You may have completed some of the 31 credits of fundamental and business preparation courses required while pursuing an associate or 4-year degree. These credits could be applied to shorten your path to completion.
Other graduation requirements:
- Complete 120 credits of college work. This must include 36 credits in courses numbered 300 or above. Certain elementary courses are identified in the catalog and/or course schedule as not counting toward the 120 credits required for graduation. In addition, only the first 8 credits of physical education activity courses (100 level) may be counted toward graduation or grade point averages (GPA).
- Earn a minimum of 30 of the final 60 credits toward an undergraduate degree at UW-Parkside. Individual departments and programs may require that certain courses must be taken at UW-Parkside. Students must complete all course work to be counted toward graduation by the end of the semester/subscription period in which they graduate.
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale and an overall GPA of 2.5 in 300/400 level business foundation, major and concentration courses (including any transfer courses). Transfer students must also have a cumulative 2.00 GPA on the combination of transfer credits accepted and credits attempted at UW-Parkside.
- Complete an approved major program of study with the minimum major GPA as specified by the program or department. Students who apply transfer credits to their majors must also meet the minimum major GPA requirement on the combination of transfer credits and UW-Parkside credits. At least 15 credits of upper level course work (courses numbered 300 or higher) must be completed at UW-Parkside. A student may not graduate with an incomplete grade in major course work if failure in that course would reduce the GPA in the major below the minimum GPA.
- Meet UW-Parkside general university requirements. This includes:
- Skills Requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Ethnic Diversity Requirement
Complete the BUSO Readiness Evaluation Request Form and work with Admissions and the Business Degree Completion Advisor to determine if the Business Online Degree Completion Degree is right for you. Once you have completed the survey, we will be in touch with you within 5 to 10 business days with additional information.
Accredited for Quality
Our Business Department is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). We offer a high-quality, highly relevant educational experience taught by professors who regularly interact with the business community and who are up to date with the rapid changes in the global business environment.
Only 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this "gold standard" program accreditation.