Guest Students

Who is a Guest Student?

Guest students are not expecting to receive a degree or certificate from Parkside.  Rather they intend to take courses at Parkside and transfer those credits back to the college or university where they are pursuing their degree or other educational goal.

What documents/forms must I turn in to Parkside?

Guest students must turn in documents and forms to Parkside just as any new student would who wishes to receive benefits from either the Federal or State VAs.  Please click on the benefit(s) below for specific instructions of what paperwork is required.

Parent School Letter REQUIRED!

Guest Students requesting to use Federal VA Benefits must submit a "Parent School Letter" to Parkside.  (Wisconsin State VA Benefits do not require a Parent School Letter.)

A student may take courses at more than one school that apply to his or her degree. The school that will grant the degree is the student's "parent" school. All other schools are "secondary" schools. VA can pay benefits for courses taken at secondary schools. If the student is only enrolled at the secondary school (supplemental enrollment), VA will pay for the credits taken at the secondary school. If the student is enrolled at the primary school and the secondary school at the same time (concurrent enrollment), VA will pay for the combined credit, taking overlapping enrollment dates into account. 

The Parent School Letter gives the receiving school assurance that the class, if successfully completed, will apply appropriately to the student's academic program.

Benefits Information - State
Wisconsin GI Bill


Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply for Financial Aid:  Apply


Back to Veterans Services



Scroll to top
Who Are You?