Selected Reserves and Reserve Educational Assistance

Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves Program (Chapter 1606) provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve, including the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607) provides educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency declared by the president or Congress. Certain Reservists who were activated for at least 90 consecutive days after Sept. 11, 2001, may be eligible for benefits.  NEW APPLICATIONS FOR REAP (Chapter 1607) SUSPENDED.  PROGRAM IS SUNSETTING.

How to apply for an initial Certificate of Eligibility 

Fill out Form 22-1990 using the VETS.GOV portal to submit the form.  If you have used the eBenefits Portal previously you can log on using the same username/password.  If this is your first time using it, choose "I Am a New VONAPP User" and create a new account.

What paperwork should I submit?

Turn in these documents to the Parkside School Certifying Official:

Send scanned copies of this paperwork to

What if I am a TRANSFER student already using Chapter 1606 or 1607 at another college?
In addition to the paperwork above, please turn in a completed VA Form 22-1995.

Verify your attendance EVERY month with W.A.V.E

Students are required to verify their student attendance each month to receive their Chapter 30 payment. Go online to the W.A.V.E. System or call 1-877-823-23781-877-823-2378. Each payment you receive is for the previous month. For example, you will receive a check the first week in October for attendance during September. It takes eight to ten weeks for new students or transfer students to receive their initial payment. The VA does not pay for the breaks between semesters.

Guard and Reservists are strongly encouraged to apply for Financial Aid:  Apply

Back to Veterans Services

Scroll to top
Who Are You?