Survivors & Dependents
- A veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled (100%) as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
- A veteran who died from any cause while such permanent and total service-connected disability (100%) was in existence.
- A service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- A service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- A service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.
US Department of Veterans Affairs website: Dependents' Educational Assistance
How to apply for an initial Certificate of Eligibility
Fill out Form 22-5490 using new VETS.GOV portal to submit the form. If you have used the eBenefits Portal previously you can log on using the same username/password. If this is your first time using it, choose "I Am a New VONAPP User" and create a new account.
What paperwork should I submit?
There are two documents that must be turned in to the Parkside School Certifying Official
- A copy of your most recent Certificate of Eligibility
- Request for Veteran Educational Benefits (R-VAB)
Send scanned copies of this paperwork to email@example.com
What if I am a TRANSFER student already using Chapter 35 at another college?
In addition to the paperwork above, please turn in a completed VA Form 22-5495.
Veterans and Dependents are strongly encouraged to apply for Financial Aid: Apply
Back to Veterans Services