Counseling Services: Substance Abuse

Do I Need Help?
Where Can I Get Help?

What Are The Campus Policies?

Do I Need Help?

This section contains links to organizations that can help you think about a potential substance abuse problem. They offer interactive questionnaires about your alcohol and/or substance use. All of these assessments are completely confidential: no one will see your answers but you. These sites only offer tools to help you better understand substance abuse. If you think that you or someone you know might have a problem with substance abuse, PLEASE GET HELP!

Alcohol Screening Questions
Answering these twelve questions will take only a few minutes, and will generate personalized results based on your age, gender and drinking patterns.

Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration. A project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this site acts as both a clearing house of information and a tool for finding mental health providers in your area.

The Mayo Clinic
The definitive site for information on medical issues. This section thoroughly covers both social and medical information related to alcoholism.

National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
An excellent site to answer frequently asked questions

Alcoholics Anonymous
The site for the first and best known organization devoted to support for recovering alcoholics

National Council on Drug Dependence
Includes good information on issues relating to alcohol use and crime, binge drinking, advertising and DUI.

National Institute on Drug Abuse

Where Can I Get Help?

In case of emergency or crisis please contact us immediately or contact the University Police at (262) 595-2911.

UWP Counseling Center
No appointment needed for emergencies or crisis assistance. Call 1-262-595-2366

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Mental Health &Addiction Care 1-262-697-2273

Rogers Memorial Hospital - 1-800-767-4411


Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare All Saints (Spring Street Site) (Racine)
Emergency Room 1-262-687-4011

Aurora Medical Center, Kenosha
Phone 1-262-697-7000 or 1-262-948-7000

Kenosha Medical Center - United Hospital System
Phone 1-262-656-2202

St. Catherine Hospital - United Hospital System (Kenosha)
Phone 1-262-577-8202


Alcoholics Anonymous
Links to chapters in your area, as well as general information about AA.

Marijuana Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous
This is the NA chapter site for Wisconsin. A help-line is also available at 1-262-552-6879 or 1-888-611-1817 .


Bacchus & Gamma Network
A clearinghouse for information on campus health and wellness issues related to alcohol and other drugs.

National Center for Addiction and Substance Abuse
A project of Columbia University providing information targeted to collegiate issues.

What Are The Campus Policies?

For general student substance abuse & disorderly conduct policy on UW property see UWS 18.06 (30)(35)(36).

In case of emergency or crisis please contact us immediately or contact the University Police at (262) 595-2911


Scroll to top
Who Are You?