CUSTODIAN UNIVERSITY STAFF TEMPORARY
UNIVERSITY STAFF TEMPORARY CUSTODIAN
Code: 10993 Posted: 10/22/2015
The Facilities Management Center at the University of Wisconsin Parkside is accepting applications for part time University Staff Temporary Custodians. Members of the public and UW Parkside and UW System employees who are at risk are encouraged to apply.
This position is a University Staff Temporary, part time, non-exempt, non represented position.
The hourly rate is $9.00 –$11.00 per hour
90% OBJECTIVE A:
Maintenance of campus buildings and furnishing to provide an environment conducive to the educational process.
- Manually sweep, mop and clean offices, classrooms, bathrooms, hallways, stairs and elevators.
- Operate power equipment strip or scrub and refinish hard surface floors.
- Collection of waste and recyclable materials including their placement inproper receptacles or collection sites.
- Wash windows, walls, chalk boards, desk tops, tables and stair wells.
- Clean/disinfect, polish stainless steel and replenish restrooms with building supplies
- Clean light fixtures and replace light bulbs.
- Operate power equipment to extract carpets and clean upholstered furniture.
- Wash, polish and dust furniture routinely, as needed.
- Remove snow from walk ways and drives to allow access to buildings. Manually or with a snow blower.
- Detail cleaning: Detail duties, i.e., dust shelving, paintings, and wall hangings, dust/clean blinds, wash doors, walls, windows, vents, light fixtures and hand rails as needed.
3% OBJECTIVE B:
Maintenance of custodial equipment and supply closets to insure smooth operation and continuous maintenance in one's assigned area.
- The operation of custodial equipment with regular cleaning and inspections for adjustment and repair. (Notify supervisor in writing.)
- Maintain an orderly stock of supplies in supply closets for distribution.
- Communicate in writing what is wrong with equipment.
5% OBJECTIVE C
The ability to recognize problems and perform required routine maintenance in order to take the appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinate work schedules to fit into daily activity or assigned area and establish a routine.
- Participate in training session on operation of equipment and maintenance methods.
- Notify supervisor of equipment and facilities in need of repair orally or in writing.
- The ability to communicate and work with management and the occupants of assigned areas to insure a high degree of cleanliness and proper waste handling.
F. Ergonomic Requirements:
- Frequent lifting and bending
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Walking between various parts of the building
- Frequent back and forth motion of arms required for vacuuming
- Frequent pushing and pulling of carts
- Must be able to reach above head to clean
- Frequent up and down motion of upper arm required for cleaning.
- Must be able to shovel snow
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend and twist.
- Be on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to perform task requiring repetitive motion
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
G. List of Essential Job Functions, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have thephysical strength and stamina to perform required work.
Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, move furniture and lift 75 lbs. and work on feet for long periods of time.
Must have the aptitude to learn from oral and written instructions by listening and asking questions.
Must have the aptitude to learn function and use of standard cleaning implements.
Must be able to communicate well with others on the crew.
- The ability to read and understand written directions without assistance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous custodial experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly rate $9.00- $11.00 per hour
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
This is a continuous recruitment for University Temporary Staff
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following materials with your application
STEP 1: Select the applicable link below:
Applicants not currently employed by the UW System, please click on link:
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login". If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Under "Basic Job Search" enter the Keyword "Parkside" and click the Search button. Select applicable job opening. Click "Apply Now".
Select "Submit". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to HR Contact.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate's application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodations in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
If you have application questions call or email:
Contact Name: Jennifer Wagner
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2576
Contact Email: email@example.com