Unclassified - Academic Staff - Assoc Advisors (Counselors/Recruiters)
Code: 115 Posted: 06/30/2015
Admissions Counselors/Recruiters (Associate Advisors)
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
TheUniversity of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for two (2) counselor/recruiter positions in the Admissions Office.
Position 1: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Freshmen Non-resident Students)
Position 2: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Adult/Non-Traditional Students/Visitation Coordinator).
- Bachelor's degree
- One year or more of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience responding to the needs of students or customers
- One or more years of Admissions experience
- Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Documented experience in utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position's focus is recruiting students through a wide range of activities including: making presentations, public speaking, visiting high schools or visiting community and 2-year colleges and other targeted groups and agencies. These positions will also be responsible for attending college fairs; maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their families; developing relationships with high school counselors, and other civic and community agencies and leaders; arranging campus visits and tours; and other duties or projects as required. In addition, these positions will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. These positions will also correspond with students, families, and counselors regarding admission to UW-Parkside and assist with setting up and maintaining a communication plan for prospective students.
- Represent UW-Parkside at high or community and 2 year college school visits, college fairs, community activities, career days and other special events designed for students.
- .Plan and implement recruitment activities.
- .Serve as a liaison between Admissions and designated university departments.
- .Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, exploring educational alternatives as needed, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts and provide campus resource materials.
- Work with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies, and others.
- Utilize the University's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage targeted recruitment strategies and on-going strategic communications with inquires, prospective students and applicants.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and programs at UW-Parkside, within the UW System, and within the admission profession.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of recruitment techniques and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental software systems and various business office software packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel extensively and have a driver's license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for about 2 hours at a time.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
The University and Area
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Review of Applications
Applications received by July 6, 2015, are ensured full consideration; position is open until filled.
Go to: www.careers.wisconsin.edu
Click the "Apply Now" button.You must create an account and login before you can apply.If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process.If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login."
If you have questions about how to apply, go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900.
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities.If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below.Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
A criminal background check and degree verification is part of the application process.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Salary:Commensurate with qualifications and experience.The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
If you have application questions call or email:
Contact Name: Sharon Acerbi
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2130
Contact Email: Sharon.Acerbi@uwp.edu