UNCLASSIFIED- ACADEMIC STAFF; ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE
Code: 112 Posted: 04/29/2015
Associate Athletic Director, Director of Compliance
University of Wisconsin - Parkside
Position Location:Southeastern, WI
Reporting Relationship:Athletic Director
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside welcomes applications for an Associate Athletic Director (Director of Compliance) for a year round position. The person in the position monitors the Department of Athletics compliance with NCAA, Great Lakes Valley Conference and University of Wisconsin-Parkside rules and regulations and is responsible for communicating any changes in these policies. Under the general supervision of the Athletic Director, the Associate Athletic Director will supervise volleyball, men's golf and wrestling. Manage ticket operations for all home events. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required.
A. Compliance 65%
- Monitor,direct and perform all NCAA compliance activities for the athletic department including monitoring recruiting activities, initial eligibility certification, continuing education, practice and recruiting logs.Daily monitoring of student-athlete full-time status.
- Responsible for eligibility certification, financial aid administration, self reporting of violations, rules education, admissions, academic standards, NCAA, Federal and institutional graduation ratereports, academic and support services, and administration of NCAA, GLVC and institutional required compliance forms
- Utilize the NCAA Single-Source Sign-On System to track and produce reports (including Eligibility Center, LSDBi, Compliance Assistant (CA), DII Academic Tracking System, Graduation Rates, Sports Sponsorship and Demographic Forms, RSRO, Institutional Self-Study Guide).
- EADA & ASR submission responsibilities
- Provide assistance with Sports Medicine to write hardship and medical waivers
- Provide knowledge and assistance to coaches to remain in compliance with NCAA equivalency limits for their sport
- Responsible for regular contact with the Financial Aid Office and Registrar's Office to ensure compliance and financial aid budget balances.
- Responsible for ensuring that National Letter of Intent (NLI), Grant-In-Aid, and Continuation forms are completed by the appropriate date and completed forms are filed in the student-athlete's folder.
- Provides guidance to alumni, coaches, staff, student-athletes, prospects, and parents concerning the application of institutional, NCAA, and GLVC rules
- Communicates with other institutions and prepares documentation for student-athletes who wish to either transfer to or from the University.
- Monitors on-campus recruiting activities while prospects are visiting campus.
- Monitors the complimentary admission activities of prospects, parents, and high school and other college coaches during visits.
- Directs the University's athletic recruiting processes, procedures and monitoring to ensure NCAA mandated requirements are followed.
- Researches coaches inquiries and interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Oversees all community engagement activities for NCAA compliance
- Chair the Compliance committee and coordinate bimonthly meetings
A. Sport Supervision 20%
- Supervise volleyball, men's golf and wrestling
B. Game Day Ticket Operations 15%
- Attendance at all home volleyball and basketball game contests is expected.Other home events as needed.
- Manage Ticket/Gate Operations for home events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II athletic departments functions
- Considerable knowledge of and adherence to University, GLVC and NCAA Division II rules and guidelines and a commitment to the Student-Athlete concept
- Considerable proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Peoplesoft/Oracle
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism at all times and an ability to be an exemplary representative of UW-Parkside
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships within a diverse, academic environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and troubleshoot and problem solve daily
- Ability to work inside and outside in varying temperatures and weather and environmental conditions
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to problem solve complex and time sensitive issues
- Skill to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Knowledge of NCAA Compliance software and techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate special events.
- Ability to handle complex work with attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
- Sufficient mobility for administration and monitoring duties.
- Sufficient mobility to perform event management duties.
- Ability and willingness to drive vehicle for travel responsibilities.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the campus community and constituents, which includes Administration, Faculty, University Relations and Advancement, Financial Aid, Registrar's Office, Admissions, and Business Services as well as alumni, sponsors, volunteers and donors.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division II rules.
- Minimum of two years experience in aNCAA Division I or II compliance office.
- Demonstrated experience using NCAA reporting systems
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with ticket/gate responsiblities
- Experience with sport supervision
- Athletic financial aid budget experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications: Applications received by May 25, 2015 are ensured full consideration. The position is open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following, preferably in electronic format:
- a cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position
- list of three or more professional references with contact information
Go to:www.careers.wisconsin.edu Click the "Apply Now" button.You must create an account and login before you can apply.If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process.If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login."
·Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions call or email:
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities.If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below.Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
About the University:
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to academic excellence, student success, diversity and inclusiveness, and community engagement. UW-Parkside grants bachelor's and master's degrees in more than 30 academic programs and currently enrolls 5,200 students, many of whom are first-generation and nontraditional. UW-Parkside is the most ethnically diverse campus in the University of Wisconsin System with more than 20% students of color and 19% faculty and instructional staff of color. UW-Parkside benefits from the cultural diversity of the communities it serves in southeast Wisconsin. Located in northern Kenosha County in the Chicago-Milwaukee urban corridor, much of the university's 700-acre campus has been preserved in its natural wooded and prairie state.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Contact Name: Nancy Franzen
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2245
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org