The University of Wisconsin Parkside is seeking well qualified applicants for a University Services Program Associate to join our team.
UW Parkside and UW System employees with expected continuous employment (formerly known as Permanent), Project and Limited Term Employees, are encouraged to apply.
This position is a University Staff, full-time, non-exempt, non-represented position.
A six month probation period will be required.Scheduled hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:45 am to 4:30 pm with the possibility of 1-3 subordinates.
This position is an integral part of the Student Center leadership team, reporting to the Director, and assists with daily operations of conference and events services, catering and building services. Manages student employment processes and supervises student staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Goals and Worker Activities
A. 65% Administrative Duties
1. Serve as primary receptionist, including Conference &Event Services and Catering.
2. Provide administrative support, particularly related to travel.
3. Keep required confidentiality of Student and Personnel information.
4. Procure services, supplies and equipment.
5. Process event management reservations daily and provide follow-up as needed.
6. Respond to email and electronic media inquiries.
7. Process work order requests.
8. Maintain key control.
9. Provide assistance with conference, camps and event marketing: includes The Knot and print promotion.
10. Special projects as assigned by the Director of Student Center and Associate Dean of Students.
B. 15% Office Management
1. Process and maintain professional, student employee, and LTE paperwork.
2. Serve as HRS supervisor and back-up supervisor for designated student employees.
3. Coordinate hiring, marketing and training processes for Student Center Student Employees.
4. Supervise administrative office student employees and provide on-going training. Assist with student employee performance reviews and schedule management
C. 10% Financial Responsibility –Student Center
1. Maintain unit's print and electronic records.
2. Process unit contracts and invoices in a timely manner.
3. Process Event Management Systems (EMS) invoices and journal entries.
4. Prepare unit deposits.
D. 5% Computer Support
1. Primary contact for unit's computer or telephone related issues.
2. Data entry as needed.
E. 5% Miscellaneous Tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor
2.Provide backup for other staff as needed.
3.Responsible cash handling: approximately $500 - $1,000/WK/per AY.
4.Extensive Computer use.
1. High level of knowledge of computer software including Word and Excel
2. Experience with Peoplesoft Student Information system and Shared Financial System
3. Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
4. Good problem-resolution and customer service
5. Ability to balance several on-going projects
6. Establish priorities and work under pressure and deadlines in a diverse office setting
7. Detailed oriented.
1. Documented experience working with event management system.
Review of Applications
Applications submitted by Thursday, November 19, 2015 will have full consideration. Position is open until filled.
Interested candidates should submit the following:
Names and contact information for three professional references
How to Apply
Applicants currently employed by the UW System, please click on link
You must login into your UW Portal to apply. Go to the Time and Absence section. Click on "Request Absence" which is located directly above the Time and Absence section.
This will log you into HRS.
Once logged into HRS, on the Menu Tab, on the left side of screen, click on Self Service After entering the self-service page click on Careers link.
Browse Job Openings and click on the applicable job opening to apply.
Please submit the application materials online as required by the job posting.
Select "Submit". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.