Academic Staff - Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach (Public May Apply)
Code: 13226 Posted: 06/14/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Assistant Women's Basketball Coach.
Under the general supervision of the Head Women's Basketball Coach, the Assistant Women's Basketball Coach will assist in all areas of the game; to include recruiting, scouting, break down of game film, daily practice responsibilities, community engagement activities, and fundraising. This position will co-coordinate the Champs life skills class during the fall semester. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required. Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous women's basketball coaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to recruit Midwest talent
- 2+ years of previous collegiate coaching experience
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 Years of previous collegiate coaching experience
- Travel nights and weekend to evaluate Midwest talent to be competitive in the GLVC
- Develop positive relationships with regional High School and Junior College Women's Basketball Programs to acquire talented prospects
- Assist in home visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents
- Coordinate campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents
25% Basketball Instruction:
- Scouting of opponents
- Game film break down
- On Court Practice
- Weight Room Coordination and instruction
- Summer Camp Instruction
25% Student-Athlete Development:
- Co-Coordinate Fall Freshman Life Skills Class
- Schedule and coordinate team community engagement activities
- Student-Athlete Academic Monitoring
- Monitor Student-Athlete study tables
- Assist in fundraising and special events
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of NCAA Division II Rules
- Considerable knowledge of and adherence to University and GLVC rules and guidelines and a commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and Life in the Balance
- Considerable knowledge of desk top publishing software
- Ability to have excellent organization skills which include, but are not limited to multi-tasking, managing competing deadlines and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create a positive coach/student-athlete relationship, including balancing academics with athletics and creating a supportive environment to develop athletes on and off the court in areas such as leadership, teamwork, maturity and goal setting
- Ability to have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to exhibit professionalism at all times and an ability to be an exemplary representative of UW-Parkside
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships within a diverse, academic environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and troubleshoot and problem solve daily.
- Ability to travel frequently
- Ability to work on computers for an extended period of time
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Applications received by 11:59 PM June 30, 2017, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13226"
- Select "Assistant Women's Basketball Coach"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- Names and contact information of three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Ryan Ridley
Contact Phone: 262-595-2245
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org