The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Bilingual Admissions Counselor.
The position's primary focus is recruiting students through a wide range of activities including: making presentations, public speaking, visiting high schools and other targeted groups and agencies. This position will also be responsible for attending college fairs; maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their families; developing relationships with high school counselors, and other civic and community agencies and leaders; arranging campus visits and tours; and other duties or projects as required. In addition, this position will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. This position will also correspond with students, families, visitors, counselors and community members regarding admission to UW-Parkside and assist with setting up and maintaining a communication plan for prospective students. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- One year or more of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience responding to the needs of students or customers
- Bilingual in the Spanish language (both written and verbal)
- Master's degree
- One or more years of Admissions experience
- Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Documented experience in utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent UW-Parkside at high school visits, college fairs, community agencies, community activities, career days and other special events designed for students
- Plan and implement recruitment activities
- Serve as a liaison between Admissions and designated university departments
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, explore educational alternatives as needed, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts and provide campus resource materials
- Work with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies, and others
- Utilize the University's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage targeted recruitment strategies and on-going strategic communications with inquires, prospective students and applicants
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and programs at UW-Parkside, within the UW System, and within the admission profession
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the recruitment techniques and practices
- Considerable knowledge of departmental software systems and various business office software packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications
- Demonstrated ability using time management techniques and practices
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues
- Ability to travel extensively and have a valid driver's license
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, family members, groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for about 2 hours at a time
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by 11:59 PM May 5, 2017, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) - follow link, then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "12998"
- Select this position
- Click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7)
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm
. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.