Academic Staff - Campus Activities Coordinator (Public May Apply)
Code: 14188 Posted: 04/02/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Campus Activities Coordinator.
The Campus Activities Coordinator provides leadership and support to student organizations and student leaders, coordinates the campus leadership and volunteer program and serves as the primary advisor to the campus’ program board. In addition this position supervises several student coordinators, the University Staff Program Associate (office manager) and the Campus Activities Associate. This position is a member of the Campus Activities & Engagement team, reporting to the Student Center Director in the Student & Enrollment Services division.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years’ experience advising organizations and coordinating leadership programs
- Knowledge of diverse marketing strategies
- At least three years of supervision experience
- Program development and implementation
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Leadership or College Student Personnel/Administration
- Experience working in higher education setting
Administration and Personnel Management:
- Plan and implement budget priorities related to programs and services of unit
- Coordinate registration and maintenance of student organizations for university recognition
- Monitor and approve student organization expenditures according to campus and state purchasing policies
- Review and interpret policies and procedures related to student organization services and risk reduction
- Process university performance contracts for unit and student organizations
- Provide training, supervision and evaluation of student staff who are responsible for marketing and all-campus program planning
- Monitor, market and implement services and feature of student organization management software (Campus Connect)
- Coordinate printed and electronic program and event promotion
- Co-coordinate tasks for the Winter Arts & Crafts Fair with the University Staff Program Associate
- Supervise, train and evaluate the marketing student assistants, University Staff Program Associate and Events Coordinator
- Attend unit related meetings and as appropriate, serve on university committees
- Serve as a designated Campus Security Authority (CSA) for Clery Compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Student Leadership Development:
- Develop, plan and implement a personal and organizational leadership program (Rock Solid Leadership) for emerging and established leaders based on established student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with campus departments and student leaders to assess leadership development needs.
- Work with student program committees to coordinate and plan the following programs: Weeks of Welcome, Student Organization & Involvement Fair, Parkside Clean Up, Make A Difference Day, and fall and spring recognition programs.
- Serve as an educational consultant, and resource and administrative liaison to all student organizations and advisors
- Refer students to volunteer and experiential learning sites matching student interests and organization needs
- Coordinate the Presidential Volunteer Service Award nominees each semester and Student Volunteer of the Month program (three times a semester)
Student Organization Advising:
- Service as the primary advisor to the Parkside Activities Board. Mentor the executive board on related topics including recruitment/retention, program planning, marketing and assessment
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Greek student organizations assisting with membership and program development. Work with prospective Greek organizations interested in colonizing
- Develop and implement a training program for student organizations officers and faculty/staff advisors including but not limited to: Organization Advisory Meetings, Executive Leadership Summit, All Organization Meeting, and Risk & Liability Training
- Coordinate the annual review of student organization resources including the Student Organization & Advisor Handbook
Strategic Learning Objectives and Assessment:
- Develop strategic learning objectives and assessment plans to evaluate student involvement and development
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Periodically must be able to move tables and chairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Transportation of boxes with tools, shirts, and program set ups
- Extensive computer use
- Mobility and dexterity to reach and bend into filing cabinets
- Overall thoroughness, organization and accuracy
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of thos suggestions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel
- Timely and effective communication of problems, goals and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees and management
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time and willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Some eventing and weekend hours are required
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu
Applications received by 11:59 PM Tuesday, April 17th, 2018, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (Candidates NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then under “Main Menu” choose:
- “Self Service”
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "14188"
- Select "Campus Activities Coordinator"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Contact Name: Tricia Huber
Contact Phone: 262-595-2458
Contact Email: email@example.com