Academic Staff - Campus Photographer (Current UW System Employees Only)
Code: 12828 Posted: 02/07/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Campus Photographer.
This is a full-time position within the marketing and creative services area with the primary responsibility for generating photography to drive the brand of the university. Perform artistic, creative and skilled photographic work to tell the story of the full range of activities at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. The individual will work in a team environment under tight deadlines and will independently consult with campus clients, estimate time and costs for projects and produce high quality photos for print and web. Must be able to produce creative, well-composed photos in a variety of settings and subject areas including executive portraiture, marketing, research, service, landscape, architecture, news, action, sports, and editorial. Additionally, this position will maintain the photo database to make assets more accessible to departments across the university.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years in professional photography, retouching, and digital asset management
- 2+ years professional work experience which includes studio and location shooting
- 2+ years experience using Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, and Photoshop
- 1+ years in a higher education environment
- 1+ years experience photographing sports, performances, stills, portraits, landscapes
- 1+ years experience managing and training student photographers
- 1+ years experience within an integrated marketing and communication team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES50% Photography:
40% Editing, Training, and Archiving:
- Produce high quality photos and video for print and web usage
- Support the evolution of the university brand through images
- Participate in ongoing planning and execution of the university social media strategy through photography and informal video
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain and keep current Photoshelter Libris online gallery of images for use by entire campus
- Edit, color correct and process RAW digital files to meet specific client requirements using Photomechanic, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Portrait Professional
- Operate and maintain DSLR cameras, lights and video equipment
- Effectively use studio and location lighting to create dynamic images
- Maintain photographic services information on the website
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate student photographic staff as appropriate
- Write cutlines and keyword photos
- Create and maintain department social media presence
- Collaborate with other department team members on projects
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintain photo calendar
- Enter data associated with assignments and use web order system
- Serve as main point of contact for image requests and photographic scheduling
- Monitor trends in photography and videography to keep UWP's look current
- Back up department team members as needed in large format printing, printing, graphic design, and web areas
- Be able to run the cash register and handle money for the department as a back up
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with print and electronic photography functions
- Strong knowledge of photography lighting principles
- Adept at operating a range of DSLR cameras
- Advanced knowledge of Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, and Photoshop
- Experience working with a cloud-based photo database
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working with social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong writing and speaking skills
- Ergonomic requirements: Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, sufficient mobility to keep up with action when taking active photos (sporting events, performances, commencement, etc.)
- Be able to adjust work schedule to accommodate weekend and evening events that require photography
- Must have a car and valid driver's license and be able to travel to offsite photography locations
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by 11:59 PM March 3, 2017, are ensured full consideration.
APPLICATION PROCESSSTEP 1:
Please select the applicable link below:Internal Applicants
(Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)STEP 2:
Click on Self Service, then click on Recruiting Activities, then click on Careers. STEP 3:
Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "12828"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Campus Photographer"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the required and preferred qualifications
- Names and contact information of three references
- Candidates who are invited to on-campus interviews must provide a physical or electronic portfolio of their photography that they can discuss with the search and screen committee
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.Please Note:
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdfTotal Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm
. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Monica Schluckebier
Contact Phone: 262-595-2306
Contact Email: email@example.com