Academic Staff - HR Business Analyst (Public May Apply)
Code: 13222 Posted: 06/14/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of HR Business Analyst.
The HR Business Analyst is responsible for the coordination and management of all aspect of human resources project management and process improvement efforts. In addition to the project management and process improvement, the incumbent will be responsible for training and developing HR staff, developing resource materials for campus faculty and staff, and leading campus-wide training efforts. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Bachelors' degree in human resources and/or other related field
- Five years of progressive work in human resources or a closely related area
- At least one year of demonstrated training and development experience in an organizational setting
- Demonstrated Project management experience
- Familiarity with Oracle (PeopleSoft) HRS system
35% Project Management:
- Lead and oversee all aspects of human resources projects
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Develop project scopes and objects, involving relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
35% Process Improvement:
- Identify and documents all human resources business processes
- Responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the HR department process improvement efforts
- Review current processes and make recommendation about potential changes to improve identified inefficiencies and department outcomes
- Document current workflow activities
- Develops recommendations for changed/new processes
- Coordinates implementation and monitors post-implementation
- Drafts communications and prepares reports
30% Training and Development:
- Responsible for designing and facilitating training sessions, including developing training manuals and resource materials for the campus community
- Consults with campus administration and department managers to assess training needs
- Evaluates training progress
- Analyzes training effectiveness
- Coordinate the evaluation process and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide regular updates to administration on training and development efforts
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current human resource management methods and techniques and how to effectively apply them
- Experience in dealing with confidential information and sound application of judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with various levels of knowledge on the topic
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people at all levels in the university and to have effective conflict resolution skills with a focus on consistency and equity
- Ability to provide clear technical guidance and instruction to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to compose and edit written material
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, and process/project management tools. Ability to quickly learn desktop applications and use them effectively. Willingness to share and teach the expertise to others.
- Knowledge of procedures required for processing payroll
- Ability to efficiently manage workload in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to set and meet goals and achieve them according to agreement including coordinating with others outside of the group to get things done
- Knowledge of organizational and time management techniques and the ability to apply them. Ability to handle a variety of tasks with numerous interruptions and under strict timelines.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Applications received by 11:59 PM July 10, 2017, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (candidates not currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants Apply Here (candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then under "Main Menu" choose:
- "Self Service"
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "13222"
- Select "HR Business Analyst"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Amanda Welbon
Contact Phone: 262-595-2939
Contact Email: email@example.com