Academic Staff - Lecturer of Sport Management (Public May Apply)
Academic Staff - Lecturer of Sport Management (Public May Apply)
Code: 12516 Posted: 10/26/2016
The Health, Exercise Science and Sport Management Department of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for a Lecturer position scheduled to start in the 2017-2018 academic year in its Sport Management program.
Sport management is a growing program on our campus that currently teaches approximately 150 undergraduate majors annually and will commence offering a Master's Degree in Sport Management in the Fall 2017 semester. In addition to its sport management offerings, the HESM Department houses a graduate program in Health and Wellness Management, an undergraduate major in exercise science and a variety of minors and certificates. Our department values teaching and we look forward to adding another quality colleague to our existing strong array of teaching staff.
Responsibilities include teaching Sport Management Courses including supervising fieldwork/internship placements. This position will teach 30 credits annually (5/5 standard fall/spring course teaching load) in the Sport Management program. This position will teach classes in the undergraduate program as assigned by the Health Exercise Science and Sport Management Department Chair. Opportunities to teach additional courses in the summer and winterim semesters may be available for additional compensation depending upon the needs of the HESM Department. The position will be expected to contribute service to UW-Parkside, the College of Natural and Health Science, the HESM Department, profession and community including advising students in the Sport Management program.
- Earned Master's or terminal degree related to the sport management field required by June 1, 2017
- Evidence of ability to teach the following four courses in the sport management field: Introduction to Health, Exercise Science, and Sport Management; Ethical Issues in Sport Management; Event Management; and Facility Development and Management
- Evidence of ability to teach at least two of the following courses in the sport management field: Applied Sport Management; Race, Ethnicity, and Baseball in American Society; Sport Sales and Customer Service; and Sport & Fitness Marketing
- Ability to develop and maintain an active service agenda in the department, campus, community and profession
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, maintaining high expectations of undergraduate education and developing student professionalism
- Evidence of ability to potentially teach or develop additional courses related to the sport management field
- Evidence of ability to develop and supervise potential fieldwork (internship) placement sites
- Experience or evidence of ability to advise undergraduate students in sport management
- Experience in academic assessment
- Experience in academic accreditation
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with a diverse student population
- Experience in the sports industry (any level)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching Sport Management courses including supervising fieldwork/internship placements
- Service to HESM Department, CNHS, UW-Parkside, profession and community including advising students in the Sport Management program
- knowledge and ability to teach Sport Management courses
- the position is not responsible for money or university funds of accounts which hold financial information
- sufficient mobility and dexterity to move around office, Sports and Activity Center, campus and community; ability to work with keyboard, mouse and monitor. Ability to attend meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences.
Equipment to be Used on the Job:
- laptop or desktop computer, printer, copier, projector, telephone including voice mail and FAX
THE UNIVERSITY AND AREA
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by 11:59 December 16, 2016, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "12516"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Lecturer of Sport Management"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- A letter of application (including statements of your teaching and research philosophies/goals and a list of classes you can teach)
- Curriculum vitae
- A list of five academic/professional references with contact information
- All academic transcripts (unofficial acceptable at application stage)
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Laura McClure
Contact Phone: 262-595-2308
Contact Email: email@example.com