Academic Staff - Physics Lecturer (Public May Apply)
Academic Staff - Physics Lecturer (Public May Apply)
Code: 12908 Posted: 03/02/2017
The Department of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for a one-year full-time Lecturer in Physics beginning August 2017 with possibility of renewal.
This position seeks candidates with innovative teaching and learning experiences. The successful candidate will have experience in teaching introductory physics courses (including labs) up through the level of calculus-based physics and astronomy.
Commitment to excellence in teaching, high expectations of undergraduate education and student professionalism, and ability to work effectively with a diverse student population are also required.
- Teach introductory physics courses (including labs and discussion sections) up through the level of calculus-based physics and astronomy).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Involved in departmental, college and university service.
- Master Degree in Physics
- At least one year of post-graduation teaching experience at college/university level
- PhD in Physics
- Interest and participation to enhance student's physics attainment in K-12
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- This position seeks candidates with innovative teaching and learning experiences. The successful candidate will have experience in teaching introductory physics courses (including labs) up through the level of calculus-based physics and astronomy.
Standards of Performance:
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with students.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University's primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Applications received by 11:59 April 10, 2017 are ensured full consideration; position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants Apply Here (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants Apply Here (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "Advanced Search"
- Job Opening ID: "12908"
- Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime"
- Select "Lecturer of Sport Management"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Letter of application explaining how you would meet the qualifications.
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for five references (letters will be requested later).
- Three letters of reference plus two more references with complete contact information.
- Academic transcripts (unofficial acceptable at application stage).
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Nicole Ryan
Contact Phone: 262-595-2316
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org