Academic Staff - Lecturer, Digital Skills
Code: 008 Posted: 02/23/2014
The Art Department at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites application for a Lecturer position in Digital Skills and related foundation courses, beginning August 2014. This is a renewable lecturer position in the department and is intended to be ongoing.
The successful applicant must have abilities and teaching experience in basic digital skills (utilizing current versions of the Adobe Creative Suite and related contemporary creative software) with secondary abilities in 2-D Design and foundation Drawing. Teaching experience along with evidence of current creative activity are considered important.
The Art Department at UW-Parkside, which serves over 220 majors in Art and Graphic Design, resides in the new Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for the Arts and Humanities and occupies newly renovated, modern studios. With a faculty of 5 tenured/tenure-track members, the department is poised for growth as it serves this very rich region along the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.
- MFA or MA in Art/ Digital Arts
- Demonstrated ability to teach basic digital skills utilizing current versions of the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) and other related software
- Evidence of keeping up to date with software changes and technical innovations as they apply to digital art practices
- Teaching experience beyond graduate school
- Demonstrated ability to teach 2-D design and foundation drawing
- Experience working with students of diverse and multicultural backgrounds (including non-traditional-aged students, first generation students)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-PARKSIDE: The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a comprehensive campus of the University of Wisconsin System with approximately 4800 students, 120 faculty, and 70 instructional academic staff offering 33 undergraduate majors and 3 master's degrees in 22 academic departments. The campus is located between the cities of Kenosha and Racine in southeastern Wisconsin, within the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor.
The university is situated on 700 acres of prairie and woodland approximately two miles west of Lake Michigan. Consisting of 15 buildings, the coherence and unity of the original campus design within its natural landscape has been sustained over four decades of development. Recent additions include a renovated and expanded student center, a 250 bed suite-style residence hall, and a greatly expanded and renovated center for the arts and humanities.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must be complete and received by Monday, January 15, 2014 at 4:00pm CST for full consideration. Position open until filled.
Go to: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu "Click here to register" link. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login".
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included in your online application the following in PDF format:
1. Cover letter outlining your qualifications
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Three letters of recommendation with contact information
4. Summary of teacher evaluations
5. A digital contact sheet (not to exceed 3 pages) documenting images in item #6 below
6. 20 images of professional work and 20 images of student work to be mailed on a CD to the address below: (Each image should not exceed 5MB)
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail applications to:
Heidi Baehr, Art Department
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
900 Wood Road, Kenosha, WI 53144
A criminal background check and degree verification are part of the application process. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Contact Name: Heidi Baehr, Art Department
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2594
Contact Email: email@example.com