CLASSIFIED - FINANCIAL SPECIALIST 2; CASHIERS OFFICE
Code: 107 Posted: 02/13/2015
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside seeks applicants for a Financial Specialist 2 in the Cashier’s Office.
Responsibilities: This position will perform the tasks necessary to collect all UW-Parkside student fees, including financial aid; account for all departmental funds deposited at the Cashier's Office; oversee and reconcile credit card transactions generated from all departments; hire, train, schedule, and supervise 1 LTE and 1 student worker; oversee QuickBooks software for student organizations and contingent fund (checks and deposits); and assist with the Perkins Loan program.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows Outlook, Imagenow, SharePoint and Quickbooks
Excellent customer service
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience with cash handling and cash balancing
Experience with bank reconciliations
Excellent math skills
Ability to multitask
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and campus personnel
Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Knowledge of SharePoint
Ability to perform bank reconciliations
Ability to handle multiple tasks
Ability to work independently and with a team
Knowledge of PeopleSoft
Knowledge of document imaging and Image Now software
Experience with QuickBooks
Salary: Pay will not be less than the minimum of the 02-11 pay range, $15.411/hour. A six month probation period may be required. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
A criminal background check and degree verification is part of the application process.
How To Apply: The deadline to apply is Monday, February 23, 2015.
You must apply online. (If your are unable to complete the materials due to a disability or system problem contact us at (262) 595-2204.)
Please go to the Wiscjobs website at www.wisc.jobs. You will either need to access your existing Wiscjobs account or create a new Wiscjobs account.
If you have a Wiscjobs account:
1. Click "Log In to Apply" at the top of the job announcement and log into your account. When you have logged in, find and view job announcement 15-00649.
2. Click "Apply Now" at the top of the job announcement.
3. Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click "Continue."
4. Complete the Job Preference screen and click "Continue."
5. A resume is required to apply for this position, follow the prompts to create a resume or to upload an existing resume and click "Continue."
6. You will be taken to the first page of the exam. Follow the exam instructions and click "save and continue" at the bottom of every page. When you have answered all of the questions, click "Finalize Exam" to submit your application for this job. Your responses to the questions are considered an examination and will be used to determine the eligibility for this vacancy.
If you do not have a Wiscjobs account and need to create one:
1. Click "Log In" at the top of the webpage.
2. Click the "Create New Account" button and follow steps to create a new account.
3. Click "Apply Now" at the top of screen
4. Complete steps 3-6 from above.
Your exam responses will be evaluated and the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next phase of the recruitment process.
If you are unable to complete the materials due to a disability or have questions regarding this position, contact Barbara Farrar (262) 595-2263. If you encounter technical issues or need assistance using the Wisc.Jobs system, please contact the Wisc.Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com or 608-267-1012.
Contact Name: Barbara Farrar
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2263
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org