ACADEMIC STAFF - UW SYSTEM EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES/STUDY ABROAD COORDINATOR
Code: 134 Posted: 09/08/2015
International Student Services/Study Abroad Coordinator
International Student Services Department
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
The University of Wisconsin Parkside invites applicants for an International Student Services/Study Abroad Coordinator.
Reporting to the International Student Services/Study Abroad Manager the International Student Services/Study Abroad Coordinator will assist with the day to day operations of the International Student Services/Study Abroad Office (ISS/SA). The ISS/SA Coordinator will assist with all efforts related to processing inbound international student and outbound study abroad students. The ISS/SA Coordinator is a key individual on campus in the coordination of the wide variety of administrative and professional services in recruitment, admission and support of international students, international scholars, students interested in study abroad experiences, and the coordination of study abroad programs. The ISS/SA Coordinator will assist in maintaining SEVIS/Department of Homeland Security compliance as it related to VISA issuance and reporting.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 or more years administrative experience in international education, international admissions, international student services, study abroad, or closely related experience.
- Experience using MS office (word, excel, access)
- Masters degree
- 3 or more years of direct experience with international students
- Experience working with US CIS Title Code 8
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar
- Experience with imaging software such as Image Now or similar
- Experience with International/Study Abroad software such as Terra Dotta, abroad net or similar
- Direct experience with federal immigration regulations as related to F-1 visa, J-1 Visa and SEVIS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
40% A. International Student Services
- Work closely with the Office of Admissions in processing international student applications for graduate and undergarduate admissions.
- Coordinates communication to students through out admissions process through arrival to campus.
- Coordinates the international student orientation, international student welcome events, and international student workshops/meetings.
- Maintains accurate records of international students including but not limited to SOLAR (peoplesoft) and SEVIS (student exchange and visitor information system).
- Assists in the coordination of required checks, balances, and services such as international student health insurance, visa maintenenace, academic progress, financial payments, intern, volunteer and employment authorizations, etc
- Performs other duties as assigned.
40% B. Study Abroad
- Responsible for travel planning, budgeting, payment plans, and financial monitoring for study abroad programs.
- Coordinates study abroad participation data including but not limited to passports, insurance, emergency contacts, and billing.
- Coordinates presentations with returning study abroad participants.
- Coordinates study abroad web site, study abroad fairs, and other hard copy and electronic marketing materials.
20% C. Administrative
- Works with a large variety of university offices for accurate purchasing, account posting, monitoring, and reconciliation.
- Investigates financial discrepancies/errors and works with a variety of unviersity offices to recommend appropriate actions for correction.
- Develops monthly budget reports to guide fiancial decision making.
- Assists with development and monitoring of overall departmental budget, including project accounts.
- Assists with the enrollment, billing, and monitoring of international student insurance and study abroad insurance.
- Assists in the supervison and work coordination of student office assistant(s).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and friends of the university.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, attention to details, problem solving, and an ability to deal with multiple tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of the field of international education including current trends, legal/risk management, and financial realities of international program administration.
- Must meet Department of Homeland security requirements to be certified in the SEVIS system.
- Excellent interpersonal skill, with the ability to interact diplomatically with a diverse group of individuals and to communicate clearly and effectively with non-native speakers of English, in a service orientated environment.
- Ability and initiative to address and resolve complex issues independently and through teamwork and consultation.
- Excellent communication skills to prepare clear, concise, and grammatically correct correspondence and reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply the U.S. CIS title code 8 of Federal regulations (8 CFR).
- Ability to be proficient in many software applications including PeopleSoft, MS Office, and Study Abroad software.
The University and Area
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
Review of Applications
Applications received by September 20, 2015, are ensured full consideration; position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
http://my.wisconsin.edu : (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login" . If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Under "Basic Job Search" enter the Keyword "Parkside" and click the Search button.
Select "International Student Services/Study Abroad Coordinator"
Click "Apply Now".
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. Official university transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
The University of Wisconsin Parkside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks and encourages applicants from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Under a court approved settlement agreement and Wisconsin Statutes, we are required to provide a list of all nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing (addressed to the UW Parkside Human Resources Office) that their identity not be revealed. Persons agreeing to be final candidates will have their identity revealed as a final candidate.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Michelle Nerdrum
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2366
Contact Email: email@example.com