The University of Wisconsin Parkside currently has a temporary part-time vacancy for an Administrative Assistant (official title University Services Program Associate), supporting the Teaching and Learning Center
Members of the public and UW Parkside and UW System employees who are at risk are encouraged to apply.
This position is a university staff temporary, part-time, non-exempt, non-represented position. Hours of work vary, Monday through Friday.
This position reports to the Director of the Teaching and Learning Center and primarily supports management of the office. The position also necessitates professionalism, good oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple and multi-faceted responsibilities.
The employee must act in a professional administrative role, and possess administrative, analytical, and problem-solving abilities. The incumbent must use discretion and judgment to manage information flow regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Send out mass e-mails relating to T&LC events
- Prepare/send USPS mailings
- Deliver campus wide fliers
- Receptionist for the Teaching and Learning Center
- Order supplies
- Maintain the T&LC library – inventory, ordering, book check-out and return
- Everyday workflow to support the operation of the Center
- Schedule rooms for events, order food pick up and drop off equipment as needed
- Make travel arrangements for the Director
- Prepare monthly Pro Card Logs, Travel Expense Reports, Journal Entries and other budgetary information
- Word processing: correspondence, various business letters and supportive documentation for T&LC and professional development related events
- Standard Microsoft Suite of applications including Outlook email and calendar
- Non-standard Applications: Adobe Acrobat Professional, Remark Web Survey
- Locate information regarding various topics as requested
- Maintain office appearance/cleanliness.
- Maintain voice mail incoming and outgoing messages.
- Maintain printers, change toner, change ribbons, ink cartridges, paper, etc.
- Send faxes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work with personnel from diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, email software, and other productivity and communication tools.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically.
- Strong analytical skills.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Minimum hourly rate of $12.00 per hour.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications submitted by Friday, October 14, 2016 will have full consideration.
Please submit the following materials with your application:
STEP 1: Select the applicable link below:
(a) Applicants not currently employed by the UW System
, please click on link https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login". If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process. Under "Basic Job Search" enter the Keyword "Parkside" and click the Search button. Select applicable job opening 12440
. Click "Apply Now".
Please submit the application materials online as required by the job posting. Select "Submit". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee. Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm
. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at 262-595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.