Classified - Power Plant Operator Senior (open recruitment - public may apply)
Code: 101 Posted: 01/15/2015
Power Plant Operator – Senior
University of Wisconsin Parkside
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside seeks applicants for a Power Plant Operator Senior positions in the Facilities Management Center.
Responsibilities: This position is in a large and highly complex Heating & Chilling Plant. Under the general supervision of the Power Plant Superintendent, the Power Plant Operator-Senior is solely responsible for the following: total operation and maintenance of the entire plant in a safe and efficient manner, assistance in emergency situations, emergency repairs, and performance of any other duties associated with the operation of a complex heating and chilling plant. A complete position description can be found “HERE”.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities:
This position requires the ability to provide total operation and maintenance of the entire heating and chilling plant in a safe and efficient manner. Operate boilers and boiler controls; maintenance of heating and chilling plant equipment; start, operate, and shut down auxiliary equipment; and operate water chillers.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
Knowledge of emergency Heating and Chilling procedures and reactions.
Ability to communicate emergency situations with clarity.
Ability to learn and perform all essential functions safely while on shift, with little direct supervision after training.
Sufficient manual dexterity to operate office equipment, hand tools, machinery, and maintenance equipment.
Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and blueprints.
Salary: Pay will not be less than the minimum of the 03-15 pay range, $19.298/hour. A six month probation period may be required. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
A criminal background check and degree verification are part of the application process.
You must apply online. (If your are unable to complete the materials due to a disability or system problem contact us at (262) 595-2204.)
Please go to the Wiscjobs website at www.wisc.jobs. You will either need to access your existing Wiscjobs account or create a new Wiscjobs account.If you have a Wiscjobs account:
1. Click "Log In to Apply" at the top of the job announcement and log into your account. When you have logged in, find and view job announcement 1404577.
2. Click "Apply Now" at the top of the job announcement.
3. Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click "Continue."
4. Complete the Job Preference screen and click "Continue."
5. A resume is required to apply for this position, follow the prompts to create a resume or to upload an existing resume and click "Continue."
6. You will be taken to the first page of the exam. Follow the exam instructions and click "save and continue" at the bottom of every page. When you have answered all of the questions, click "Finalize Exam" to submit your application for this job. Your responses to the questions are considered an examination and will be used to determine the eligibility for this vacancy.
If you do not have a Wiscjobs account and need to create one:
1. Click "Log In" at the top of the webpage.
2. Click the "Create New Account" button and follow steps to create a new account.
3. Click "Apply Now" at the top of screen
4. Complete steps 3-6 from above.
Your exam responses will be evaluated and the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next phase of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or problems accessing the exam, please contact:
Contact Name: Deborah Pierre-Louis
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2263
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org