University Staff- Campus Activities Associate (Public May Apply)
Code: 14198 Posted: 04/03/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Campus Activities Associate.
The Campus Activities Associate will serve as the main contact and coordinator for all campus events, marketing and recognition programs. This position supervises student event coordinators and is a member of the Campus Activities & Engagement team, reporting to the Campus Activities Coordinator in the Student & Enrollment Services division. This is an 80% position, approximately 32 hours/week and involves some night and weekend work.
- Associates Degree
- Experience in program planning and coordination, and best practices
- Knowledge of diverse marketing strategies and piece development
- Supervision experience
- Experience in higher education setting
All Campus Events Administration:
- Supports all campus events program planning and marketing including but not limited to the Student Organization & Involvement Fair, Ranger Wellness, Parkside Spirit Days, Weeks of Welcome, Den Nights and the Premier Movie Series
- Coordinate collaborative programs with student organization leadership
- Coordinate programs with the All Campus Events committee and collaborate with campus departments as appropriate
- Coordinate facility reservations, audio-technical requirements, catering and manage event budgets
- Contact artists and/or agents to develop honorarium and contract specifications, lodging, food, travel, and venue requirements
- Coordinate student staff to host events and continually assess programs for trends, successes and improvement
- Supervise, train and review student event coordinators who support all campus events and programs
Marketing for All Campus Events:
- Develop and administer marketing plans with graphic designer according to allocation
- Coordinate print and electronic promotion in accordance with campus policy and purchasing procedures
Student Recognition Programs:
- Coordinate the application process, marketing, review of submission and selection for the Student Leader of the Month program (three times each semester)
- Coordinate both the fall and spring student leader recognition program: reserve venue, order catering and decorations, develop marketing plans, and host the program
- With Student Center Director, serve as the Ranger Bear Mascot Team co-coordinator During the academic year, attend team meetings, and coordinate mascot guest appearance requests and disperse to team members
- Attend unit staff meetings
- Present once a year in the leadership series
- Serve as a designated Campus Security Authority (CSA) for Clery Compliance
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Some evening and weekend hours are required during the academic year
- Periodically must be able to move tables and chairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Transportation of boxes with tools, shirts and program set ups
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate programming skills
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel and students
- Timely and effective communication of problems, goals and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and contractors
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu
Applications received by 11:59 PM Tuesday, April 17th, 2018, are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (Candidates NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then continue to STEP 2
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Candidates currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System) – follow link then under “Main Menu” choose:
- “Self Service”
STEP 2: Under "Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "14198"
- Select "Campus Activities Associate"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- Three references
You must select "SUBMIT", selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have questions about how to apply go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21544
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
Note: Criminal Background Check - The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applicants should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
University of Wisconsin Parkside
Office: (262) 595-2458
Contact Name: Tricia Huber
Contact Phone: 262-595-2458
Contact Email: email@example.com