University Staff Financial Specialist (Public May Apply)Deadline Extended
Financial Specialist (Public May Apply) Deadline Extended
Code: 13525 Posted: 09/22/2017
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside currently has a vacancy for a Financial Specialist in the College of Arts and Humanities.
This position is a university staff, full-time, non-exempt, non-represented position. A six month permissive probation period may be required. This position requires a flexible schedule with nights and weekends
This position involves the roles of a Financial Specialist, Box Office Manager and Academic Department Associate.
In administering the Box Office, this position determines box office policies and procedures; develops reports and ticket forms; facilitates ticket purchases including special ticket offers; oversees and maintains patron records and develops mailing lists. Fiscal responsibilities of this position include determining and managing cash handling operations; compiling daily deposit reports; reconciling receipts and transactions; conducts monthly audits.
Academic Department Associate for the College of Arts and Humanities with focus in the Music, Theatre and Speech areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Identification of major areas of responsibilities and percentages devoted to each.
A. Financial Specialist - Box Office Manager (55%)
- Oversee functions of the Box Office including records management, purchasing and information technology, under the general supervision of the Fine Arts Supervisor.
- Manage, implement, and maintain the University ticketing system (Utix). Duties include troubleshooting the ticketing system; updating the system with upcoming performance information; creating performance; sales details and reports for events, including end-of-show reporting, and training employees to use the new system. This position maintains box office hardware and equipment (e.g. ticket printers, credit card machines, etc.) as well as advising on equipment needed for the ticketing systems; and assists in marketing and development activities.
- Manage all financial reports, sales, and deposits of the Box Office through Utix and WISDM software systems.
- Manage the entering, maintaining, reporting, and invoicing of reservations and events in the EMS system.
- This position requires a flexible schedule with nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
B. Academic Associate – College of the Arts and Humanities (45%)
- Provide academic support for the college with focus in the areas of Music, Theatre and Speech.
- Process paperwork for Music Department Juries.
- Manage files and student records, and coordinate student evaluations for the Music, Theatre, and Speech areas.
- Assist faculty of the College of Arts and Humanities with their tenure and promotion files as specified by Dean’s office of the College of Arts and Humanities.
- Assist the College Event Manager as needed in academic events.
- Manage and complete all necessary room set-ups for daily meetings and events as listed in the Event Management System for the Music and Theatre departments.
- Serve as Fine Arts liaison with duties and responsibilities associated with the Campus Persona door swipe system.
- Manage student clerical support as needed.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Dependable and ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Possess and display attention to detail in his or her day-to-day work.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Must demonstrate and practice effective communication skills.
- Flexibility and problem solving ability.
- Thorough understanding of the functioning basics behind the operations of the Rita, specifically the Box Office, galleries, concert hall, practice rooms, and event management and operations.
- The manager must have the ability and willingness to work weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in support of the daily operation
- Additional skills and experience in employee supervision and computer operations are required.
- Must have demonstrated experience and preference working collaboratively in support of shared goals.
- Responsible for Money, University Funds or Accounts which hold financial information?
- Ergonomic Requirements:
Keyboarding/typing, Must be able to walk to different areas of campus (CART, GRNQ, MOLN, SCTR, TLNT, WYLL, etc.) Good hand/eye coordination required to using computer mouse, Up and down from chair in response to office activities. Move supplies and equipment to proper destination. Bending, lifting and reaching in regards to filing, equipment, supplies. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
Three or more years of experience with:
- Theatre and music terms as relates to programming, staging, electrical, lighting, sound and audio visual equipment.
- Working music and theatre performances.
- Art events/performances management.
- Managing and coordinating volunteers and/or student help.
- Events management ticketing systems, including invoicing and spreadsheets.
A working knowledge of:
- EMS – campus event management system
- WISDM – campus web-based financial reporting system
- UTIX – university ticketing system
- PERSONA – campus door swipe system
- SCALA – campus video monitoring system
Salary and Benefits
Starting hourly rate of $16.82 depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications
Applications received by Friday, November 3, 2017 are ensured full consideration.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are to be submitted electronically through our employment portal.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
"Advanced Search", Job Opening ID: "13525"
Find Jobs Posted Within: "Anytime" click "Search"
Select "Financial Specialist", click "Apply Now"
You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login". If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications for the position
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
A criminal background check will be required at the time of hire.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Contact Name: Joseph Lambin
Contact Phone: (262) 595-2331
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org